What's new
What's new

Goodway Yama Seiki spindle bearing failure

Leemac86

Plastic
We have 3x Goodway/Yama Seiki GLS 200 turning centres which all have needed spindle bearings replaced within the first 3 years of ownership. One of which was only 3 months old when the spindle bearing went therefore was repaired under warranty.

Our local agent for these machines has been great during these issues but unfortunately I can’t say the same for Goodway.
We had Goodway engineers from Taiwan inspect the machines and they believe it was due to a crash or operator error. None of the machines have had any crash, the local agent confirmed this as they are the ones to service these machines but Goodway still wouldn’t take any responsibility and wouldn’t offer us any support to get the machines up and running.

We have other brand machines running the same parts which are over 15 years old without any issues.

This must be due to a manufacturing or assembly fault. I can’t see what else would cause premature failure like this.

I just wanted to share our experience with fellow machinists out there and hopefully it saves others from going through this very expensive exercise.

Back