What's new
What's new

Got a weird one here, Mazak 640t, Fusion control, chuck issue, run program open!!!

Tap_or_Die

Cast Iron
So as stated above. Control sends the m07 signal, machine thinks chuck is closed when it is not closed, and runs the program. This also is consistent with the foot pedal. Sometimes it closes, sometimes not, and we can turn the spindle on with it open (closed). Seems to be getting worse over time.

My first thought is the sensor telling the machine that its closed is faulty. It shouldn't allow the spindle to turn on with out a good signal.

Confirmed the control shows a good signal on open and close, but the chuck does not close sometimes. Could the hydraulic solenoid be bad?

Ours did that, sensor on the back of the draw tube is adjustable but in our case chips caused the issue. Don't remember which parameter you need to check but if u call Mazak they'll tell you where to look. Cleaning it fixed ours.

Removed, and inspected the hydraulic valve, it was good.

After replacing it I noticed the unclamp solenoid wasn't releasing. There are two on opposite sides of the valve, one for clamp and one for unclamp. Since the unclamp wasn't releasing, the clamp solenoid couldnt move the valve. So I traced it back to the relay on the PCB, when I apply a little pressure it released. Thought it was a broken solder joint but that wasnt it. We are going to replace the relay and see what happens.

Relays are KA11 and KA12 on the PCB.

I dont think its a parameter since the control shows the correct condition when using the pedal or m codes. But, I will check it.

It was a long shot since I do not know your machine or controls. I think my Hardinge GT has a provision for reversing the direction. Many years ago had the issue for a little bit of time. Forgot what setting or parameter changed it back.

Good of you to post the relay numbers and such for others with that same issue.

Back