What's new
What's new

Great coolant GREAT SERVICE!

greggv

Hot Rolled
Was not happy with my old colant,so I called Coolant Management Services and spoke to Joey, who said they would come lean my mchine, dump the old coolant and refill it with Trim 585 XT at NO COST to me! Jason from Master Fluid Solutions came out, and did just that! Cleaned and emptied my machine, refilled it with Trim, and left me another 5 gallon pail, all for free! I wasn't aware that service like this existed any more. By the way, these guys are in Los Angeles area. Give Joey a call, you will be amazed!

Was not happy with my old colant,so I called Coolant Management Services and spoke to Joey, who said they would come lean my mchine, dump the old coolant and refill it with Trim 585 XT at NO COST to me! Jason from Master Fluid Solutions came out, and did just that! Cleaned and emptied my machine, refilled it with Trim, and left me another 5 gallon pail, all for free! I wasn't aware that service like this existed any more. By the way, these guys are in Los Angeles area. Give Joey a call, you will be amazed!

i had them clean out and fill up 2 of our machines with 390 i think?
had to get rid of it after a few months. horrible smell, color, and started misting up real bad. hopefully works better for you!

i had them clean out and fill up 2 of our machines with 390 i think?
had to get rid of it after a few months. horrible smell, color, and started misting up real bad. hopefully works better for you!

Same here. I hate the smell.
Anyone here ever heard of Tool-X ?
It"s a new product made by the inventor of Rain-X.

250c is what I swapped to about 5 years ago ,,, have about 8 machines with it and all I do is pump and filter it every few months and put it right back in the machine ,,, still have not changed a sump. it stinks a little like soap when you first make a new sump but after afew days it stops and one big upside to it is how little carry off it has ,,, I only have to top off the tanks at like 2% mix ,,, save me a ton of money over the Blaser I was using before ..

had to get rid of it after a few months. horrible smell, color, and started misting up real bad.

We switched out to Trim 690XT after reading many glowing reviews. I absolutely hate the smell. It creates a ton of mist (which amplifies the penetrating stink that sticks to your clothes). Also, despite using RO filtered water, foaming becomes an issue during 24/7 running or when using the through spindle coolant a lot.

On the positive side - lubricity is very high, the machines are clean as a whistle, and there is no rust to be found. Now if only we could do something about the absolutely awful smell...

We switched out to Trim 690XT after reading many glowing reviews. I absolutely hate the smell. It creates a ton of mist (which amplifies the penetrating stink that sticks to your clothes). Also, despite using RO filtered water, foaming becomes an issue during 24/7 running or when using the through spindle coolant a lot.

On the positive side - lubricity is very high, the machines are clean as a whistle, and there is no rust to be found. Now if only we could do something about the absolutely awful smell...

Cologne....??

:D

ya we just couldnt deal with the mist/smell, and like you said foaming was horrible.

havent heard of them, but we swapped to qualichem 250c and no regrets so far!

250c is what I swapped to about 5 years ago ,,, have about 8 machines with it and all I do is pump and filter it every few months and put it right back in the machine ,,, still have not changed a sump. it stinks a little like soap when you first make a new sump but after afew days it stops and one big upside to it is how little carry off it has ,,, I only have to top off the tanks at like 2% mix ,,, save me a ton of money over the Blaser I was using before ..

250C is hit or miss as far as what results you will get.
I used to love love love it! Then, it went to shit (for me). I have a good buddy that experienced the exact same things I was with 250C.
Yet, there were shops around town that were not having any of the issues at all. Still don't know what the deal was?
They blamed the water. I dropped $2k on the water treatment system they recommended. Stupidest purchase I have ever made!
Switched to something else for about 2 years. Then one day the rep told me "250C is fixed! I can hook you up with 3 pails to prove it".
I couldn't refuse that as I really missed it. It was the best coolant I had ever used. NOPE! Same shit results.
So, I don't know if my machines are tainted now, or what? But, the coolant I am using now is working quite well, so? Who knows?

250C is hit or miss as far as what results you will get.
I used to love love love it! Then, it went to shit (for me). I have a good buddy that experienced the exact same things I was with 250C.
Yet, there were shops around town that were not having any of the issues at all. Still don't know what the deal was?
They blamed the water. I dropped $2k on the water treatment system they recommended. Stupidest purchase I have ever made!
Switched to something else for about 2 years. Then one day the rep told me "250C is fixed! I can hook you up with 3 pails to prove it".
I couldn't refuse that as I really missed it. It was the best coolant I had ever used. NOPE! Same shit results.
So, I don't know if my machines are tainted now, or what? But, the coolant I am using now is working quite well, so? Who knows?

weird... that sucks!

It must be the type of water with the 250C ,, I have never had a problem with any coolants but some just seem to work better than others ,, Blaser 4000 strong worked ok but it had a stink to it that drove me nuts ,, one day of using it and I wanted to wash all my shop coats ,,, E-206 worked great but made a huge oil mess out of everything and did not wash off good and the carry off in the chips was huge ,,,

It might be a good idea to try new coolant in a saw first or ask other shops in your are what there using .

I must be nose blind, I can very rarely smell my 690. It also doesn't foam, but if a nozzle is improperly aimed it will mist.

Mixed with OKC tap water.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

I suspect part of our issue with the 690XT is that we need a pretty high performance coolant. If running something slow for a few days, the smell seems to dissipate. But when we start roughing aluminum at 3000SFM and .013IPT - it's fog city.

That said, it does stink when it gets on your hands or clothes. Even when fresh. Guess it's all relative. If you're used to rotten-egg coolant, maybe it's not so bad.

I used plain old Trim-Sol for years. I switched to Zurn Aqua Sol 280 because of price, and it's worked well so far. Years ago, I ran full synthetic from Monroe - it lasted but didn't have the lubricity and rust resistance I prefer.

I switched from qualichem 251C to 690XT. The I prefer the 690xt because machine is running cleaner, less opaque and less rust. It's also cheaper. They both smell to me but I think qualichem has a stronger smell more like an added fragrance when running. However the 690XT seems to have a more lingering odor in the shop when nothings running.

I suspect part of our issue with the 690XT is that we need a pretty high performance coolant. If running something slow for a few days, the smell seems to dissipate. But when we start roughing aluminum at 3000SFM and .013IPT - it's fog city.

That said, it does stink when it gets on your hands or clothes. Even when fresh. Guess it's all relative. If you're used to rotten-egg coolant, maybe it's not so bad.

I get it on my hands and clothes all the time. No smell. Well, maybe just the faintest of smells, but not unpleasant at all, certainly not rotten-egg. More of a sweet fragrance, dare I say similar to a flower. Most noticeable early in the coolant's life, goes away over time. Not doubting you, there's just got to be more to the story that we're missing. The water, the environment, something. I can assure you that not everyone has this issue.

Back