What's new
What's new

groove inside bore for snapring (cnc mill )

vtc250mazak

Plastic
hello guys I`m new on here, and I need help to machining snap ring inside(groove)also I just learned this cnc mill. its MAZAK MAZATROL 640 . PLEASE give me an ideas where to start. tahnks

I would start at the beginning, then keep going till done.

Seriously, read your post and ask yourself how anyone could even start to give you an answer.

Make the hole, then find a slot mill cutter, or similar to the profile you need (smaller in diameter to the hole), then program the cutter to interpolate the slot at the required depth and size using as many passes as you think you'll need. I typically program to have the leads move to center so there isn't issue of crashing prior to moving in Z. You programming with cam or at the control?

Make the hole, then find a slot mill cutter, or similar to the profile you need (smaller in diameter to the hole), then program the cutter to interpolate the slot at the required depth and size using as many passes as you think you'll need. I typically program to have the leads move to center so there isn't issue of crashing prior to moving in Z. You programming with cam or at the control?

Pretty much what he said.^^^^^

Can you make it go around in a circle? Do you have a circular cutter that is the width of you groove or narrower? Can you put a WPC in the center of the hole? Build on these things and RTFM!!!

Ed.

Pretty much what he said.^^^^^

Can you make it go around in a circle? Do you have a circular cutter that is the width of you groove or narrower? Can you put a WPC in the center of the hole? Build on these things and RTFM!!!

Ed.

ED,
I started in center of the hole but machine rapid to the side of the hole ( broke one circular cutter).
what I meant to ask was which units should I be select? I was selected (circle mill)and 0 . Is that not the right units?

Poe.

I was programming at the control, what I meant to ask was which UNITS should I be selected? with this conversational machine. For g and m code I machined these things many times.
Poe.

you`re silly guy, I was working on those thing many times at G and M CODE . But I just learn on this conversational machine about 3 weeks.
thanks for the help.

ED,
I started in center of the hole but machine rapid to the side of the hole ( broke one circular cutter).
what I meant to ask was which units should I be select? I was selected (circle mill)and 0 . Is that not the right units?

Poe.

Do you mean to say you did not cut air on your first try? Get used to the control without a workpiece. You need to get used to it before you smash more tooling. Do you have your tooling set in the tool table?

What units are you referring to? Is the tool table set for imperial or metric?

Ed.

He's using Mazatrol, not G-code. He's referring to the Mazatrol processes as "Units". Circle Mill is a process that the operator selects.

But vtc250mazak you need a little training before you make parts. You've got the horse before the cart. Or whatever analogy you use where you come from (not Ohio obviously) even the bovine in Ohio speak better. Get training.

R

ED, thanks for help. you and I are have two different machine, It hard to explain which im not familiar with this machine. thanks any way.

This won't help you learn mazatrol, but write your program to cut the groove with the G and M code you are confidant with.

my company bought this MAZATROL and let me learn or train . but G and M code Machine too old (25yrs)they will get rid of it. so one way or another I have to learn about this new Mazatrol. but thanks any way

youre not helping at all.

No, actually they are.

The words are in your head, but their not making it to your fingertips.

Slow down, and re-read what you've posted.

These people here will give you the shirt off their back, but not if your going to
ask like this.

Mazak offers courses (in Spanish too).

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw1i1cBXhghFW2wDMbEgIx35&cshid=1574277397026

You can use EIA (G-code) on the Mazatrol control. You can also manually enter M-codes into your Mazatrol program. If you start demanding that we aren't helping you, by telling you that you need training, that's your own fault. If you're waiting for some schmuck to post a link to online training for Mazatrol in Spanish....I don't know how to help with that.

R

Back