What's new
What's new

Haas background edit

Christo1

Plastic
I am working on a vertical Haas mill. I would like to be able to access and edit the program that is running. Meaning this: I want to change a feed speed or RPM and have it save while I am in feed hold, and then continue running from the same spot. Any help is appreciated

Nope, can't do it. That's what the feed and speed adjustment buttons are for. If you want to edit the running program you need to stop and restart. Common practice is to have safety lines that set g54 g90 etc. so that you have an easy place to restart.

Teryk

Christo1 - HAAS controls allow you to edit programs in the background while the machine is actually cutting a part. Let me know model and year ...

Yeah the button for "hand feed override" I think it's called let's you adjust the speed and feed in 1% increments. Find what you like and the change the program.

To background edit, be on the main program page, where all you see is the currently active running program, type in the letter "O" followed by the program number and hit "F4" (I think, it's one of the function keys). Any edits you make get read after M30 or reset. I always hit reset to make sure. If you are in the "Current command" mode I think it's called, where it shows the program and position display, and hit f4 and shows it splits the screen between the program running and a program you can search through in the right side, but can't edit.

I can't remember which button it is but after you run a program and adjust your feeds and speeds it remembers all of them when you hit the button it updates everything you changed. I hope that helps you out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I can't remember which button it is but after you run a program and adjust your feeds and speeds it remembers all of them when you hit the button it updates everything you changed. I hope that helps you out

Really? On a Haas? Now that I am not familiar with. Could you try and remember which button that is?

Teryk

I think at end of program push f4 press edit key press enter on the ones u want to change I hope that helps you out

ee04d05400e313cc9310435e3fa00502.jpg

Actually put the manual by the machine and when u are bored to death watching a program read thru the manual there is tons of stuff that control can do. It is actually pretty descent control

Back