What's new
What's new

Haas Beeper

tteitgen

Aluminum
Is it possible to activate the control panel beeper from within a program? To alert the Operator to a operation.

Back in the day I remember setting up a broom with a bucket on top that would get knocked over by a stud on a 20-foot planer mill, waking me up when it got there. Night shift, of course.

I dont know if all the Haas machines are the same but here is what I used on the one we used to have.
#641= #641 + 1
IF [ #641 GE #642 ] GOTO2000
IF [ #641 LT #642 ] GOTO2001
N2000
#641= 0
#1129= 1 (RED LITE ON)
#1139= 1 (BUZZER ON)
#3006= 2 (CHANGE 1/2 MILL)

#1139= 0 (OFF)
#1129= 0 (OFF)

How old of haas? I know the control before the next gen has a setting, beep at m30 and it goes off till you hit a button. Dont know how far back it goes and at least that far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is for a part that has alot of wood pecker lips in it (Renee 77) To run 72 parts a week it will take about 250 endmills. I have programmed it to automatically call up tools that need to be changed. All the operator has to do is stick a new tool in the spindle and push cycle start. The program will measure the tool. I just wanted to activate the beeper to alert the operator this cycle has a tool change. Instead of them just pushing cycle start and walking away.

This is for a part that has alot of wood pecker lips in it (Renee 77) To run 72 parts a week it will take about 250 endmills. I have programmed it to automatically call up tools that need to be changed. All the operator has to do is stick a new tool in the spindle and push cycle start. The program will measure the tool. I just wanted to activate the beeper to alert the operator this cycle has a tool change. Instead of them just pushing cycle start and walking away.
Too bad you couldn't activate the tool release button from the program. Setup a "big O" water slide on the back corner of the table and out the side door. Park the spindle over it, and kachunk........ :) That would make them put a new tool in :)

This is a little off topic (since I have no idea how to do what your asking other than put in M00s and do beep at M00 in the settings), but...

Helpful Hint (that might be obvious): If you look at the physical beeper on the machine, located on the bottom of the controller, you can rotate that and make it louder or quieter. I had been running Haas machines for 15 years before some Haas tech showed me that. He was like, "man that beeper is loud". I agreed and he instantly made it quieter... I was awestruck and he (like most of you maybe) thought I might be a little special for not knowing that... but I'm sure there is at least one person out there that this will help :)

Suggest storing the length offset of the correct tool within the program, and checking that the length of the tool as measured matches the length of the tool desired within a tolerance range..

Already will be checking to see if the tool measures the same as the old tool. Then using M109 to ask if they did actually change the tool. Also checking to make sure that the new tool is not sticking out more than X amount to keep tool deflection consistence. I have 25 tools to complete one part, in batches of 72. And the tool life varies between 2 to 6 parts per tool. Hate those zero corner radius'. It's a 2004 control. I looked at the discrete input/output page and don't see the beeper listed. So I think that idea is out of the question.

I wired a 24V piezo buzzer to the relays in the control cabinet on my 1997 VF3. I think it was M53 on and M63 off. I jumped the buzzer to an open 24v connection, so the wiring was all internal. I just hung the buzzer on the outside of the cabinet. Worked well. I used another open relay (maybe M54 M64?) for 120V pneumatic valve hooked to the PCOOL unit, so I had programmable coolant and air nozzle available.

I have this thread for FANUC or other machines without extra user relays:

FANUC CNC retrofit controller. Control relays, pumps, lights, valves. Interested?

I hate the beeping at the end of a cycle. Or beeping in general...

I turned it on at the end of a cycle as my operator didn't know when Machine was done. I gues the lack of sounds emanating from it and light flashing were not strong enough clues. My office is at the other end of the shop and I knew it was done...but I digress.
So in an effort to help this man keep his job I turned on the Beep at M30 and added to the directives The beeping signifies end of cycle load a new part. Ran one, showed him, he liked and said that will work.

Beep, beep, beep, beep,beep, beep, beep...as I'm on the phone. I'm so pissed I can't hear the guy on phone, I can't hear the other machine...all I hear is that machine beeping from across the shop as he stood in front of an otherwise quiet machine, beeping with light flashing.

We parted ways very soon after.

I wish I could make it beep once or a couple times and then stop, so if I'm working at my desk I can tell it's finished but it wouldn't keep beeping until I can get over there. Maybe if that #1391 works on my machine I can do this at the end of the programs:

#1391 = 1.
G04 P2.
#1391 = 0.
M30

I hate the beeping at the end of a cycle. Or beeping in general...

I turned it on at the end of a cycle as my operator didn't know when Machine was done. I gues the lack of sounds emanating from it and light flashing were not strong enough clues. My office is at the other end of the shop and I knew it was done...but I digress.
So in an effort to help this man keep his job I turned on the Beep at M30 and added to the directives The beeping signifies end of cycle load a new part. Ran one, showed him, he liked and said that will work.

Beep, beep, beep, beep,beep, beep, beep...as I'm on the phone. I'm so pissed I can't hear the guy on phone, I can't hear the other machine...all I hear is that machine beeping from across the shop as he stood in front of an otherwise quiet machine, beeping with light flashing.

We parted ways very soon after.

YouTube

I have a German Shorthair pointer, not a hunting dog per-say, but she will come a running as fast as she can go from anywhere on 5 acres the instant I charge the first air cylinder on my Hem automatic bandsaw. It is her favorite machine in the shop as when I turn it on we get to get metal off the stock rack, she just loves to look in there as there could be a lizzard. Anyhow any time I had trouble with someone that couldn't hear their machine stop I would walk them over to the saw and as I flip it on and raise the blade I would tell them to watch for my dog. She would come running 50 mph to get to me from a dead sleep in the office or out in the field playing and be there in seconds with the most excited expression all over her body. I would tell the person that perhaps they could learn something from the dog before I start showing their job to her, most of them were able to get the message.

I have a German Shorthair pointer, not a hunting dog per-say, but she will come a running as fast as she can go from anywhere on 5 acres the instant I charge the first air cylinder on my Hem automatic bandsaw. It is her favorite machine in the shop as when I turn it on we get to get metal off the stock rack, she just loves to look in there as there could be a lizzard. Anyhow any time I had trouble with someone that couldn't hear their machine stop I would walk them over to the saw and as I flip it on and raise the blade I would tell them to watch for my dog. She would come running 50 mph to get to me from a dead sleep in the office or out in the field playing and be there in seconds with the most excited expression all over her body. I would tell the person that perhaps they could learn something from the dog before I start showing their job to her, most of them were able to get the message.

My wife had a piece of shit dog (I won't even go into all the bad stuff that dog did), but he was absolutely obsessed with my TIG welding. He would jump up and put his feet on the welding bench and stare at the flash. I had to make damn sure that he was outside and the door was shut before I started a weld job or he'd contaminate the pool with his nose. He would go absolutely crazy outside the door trying to get in. He finally pissed me off so bad (he ate my snowmobile and the Dish Network dish on Super Bowl Sunday) that I tried to take him to the pound. They wouldn't take him... fortunately the shop next door was a plain old welding shop. That guy thought the dog was the coolest thing in the world and was floored when I gave the dog to him for free... go figure.

A couple months later, the welder called me and asked if I could watch the dog for a weekend while he went out of town... I told him heck no and changed my phone number and moved. He had to get the dogs teeth filed flat so it would quit popping the tires on all the customers' cars, but he kept that dog for it's whole life even after it went blind from staring at weld flash for 10 hours a day.

Hello G00 Proto,
I suspect that your wife's dog was a small dog and complied with the following Dog Factoid.

Canines are grouped into different categories; for example, German Short-haired Pointers come under the category of Gun Dog, Dalmatians are classified as Coach Dogs, Great Danes Working Dogs, etc. Small dogs are in the general category of Turner Dog; they Turn perfectly good dog food into Dog Shit.

Regards,

Bill

Last edited:

Back