What's new
What's new

Haas Counterbalance warning

smallshopwrench

Plastic
Just an FYI for anyone replacing a nitrogen counterbalance the cheap schrader valves used to keep the oil and nitrogen in the machine are failing and blowing out everything instantly. So I call Haas and tell them this is the 3rd service part we've got in a row bad from them. First was a junk 10,000.00 replacement HS2 transmission we had to fix before using it, second was a replacement LCD screen for a VF-3 that randomly turns itself off and on whenever it feels like it, and now this counter balance.When you call them it's the same song and dance, if we don't install it not our problem. Guess who will never buy another Haas anything and I'm the biggest Made in the USA guy you'll ever meet. I really wanted to like Haas and see them do good but they prefer screwing customers with junk products then blaming them for the problem.Never again Haas, not this guy.

If Haas has substituted a "generic" lower pressure Schrader fitting instead of a high-pressure unit, that's a major safety failure and they'd possibly open themselves to being sued.

You might want to fit a proper high-pressure valve in between the Schrader and the nitrogen cylinder, so the Schrader is only used for filling and is otherwise blocked from the gas pressure.

I mean I hear the Japanese ones are better but good ole Mazak makes budget machines similarly priced to haas right up in Kentucky?? They are a little more expensive maybe now but last year they were about the same price. For a vf3/ the new Mazak economy line

I cant for the life of me understand the HS line from Haas. I have heard people putting over 100K worth of maintenance parts into their HS. My goodness couldnt you build one for about that.

Believe me, I agree. I have 6 HS1&2's pre 2000 and I'm the lone ranger here, no 2nd shift to pass stuff off onto.Today was the last straw for Haas, we're about to buy several new machines and between Gosiger service and okuma quality we're done with Haas and their crooked service departments. Buyer beware. My owner was on the fence until this latest fiasco. We understand mistakes happen but the attitude from Haas is inexcusable.

Believe me, I agree. I have 6 HS1&2's pre 2000 and I'm the lone ranger here, no 2nd shift to pass stuff off onto.Today was the last straw for Haas, we're about to buy several new machines and between Gosiger service and okuma quality we're done with Haas and their crooked service departments. Buyer beware. My owner was on the fence until this latest fiasco. We understand mistakes happen but the attitude from Haas is inexcusable.

As much as I’ve had issues with the actual build of haas machines this is the real reason I won’t buy one. I’ve heard similar far too many times. The whole company just sounds crooked all the way back to how it was founded:..

Haas..............just say no. I'm done with them too...................the whole no support for old controls was the last straw.....................

My local HFO ain't too bad...........some good guys in service. Some not so good too. But you'll find that everywhere. Just had the Y axis ball screw replaced in a VF2.........service guy was OKish............he spent a lot of time leveling, ball barin', checkin the fouth for back lash(cuz the parts with bad finish where gittn run on the 4th), spindle run out.............I told him as soon as he arrived it was a Y screw/bearing issue. He said he needed to cover all of the bases...........and a whole day of diagnostics. I had to help him come to the conclusion that it was the Y.........he thought the spindle needed to be replaced...........and when he came back out and threw in a new Y screw..............problem went away. Wasn't a horrible service experience, but wasn't great either. Lots of Haas techs are lacking in trouble shooting............I don't think many have even cut a chip on a machine. They just throw parts at the issue and hope something sticks..............

Dave,

If I hired my local Haas HFO to replace a Y-axis ballscrew and thrust bearings, that’s all I would pay for.

The service tech’s full day of unneeded diagnostics would most certainly be crossed off the invoice.

Unless you actually hired them to “find the problem”...?

ToolCat

We have an awesome Haas HFO 'Productivity inc' The techs are good, the support and solutions are stellar. If you get a Haas tech your not happy with tell their boss. I do believe they get certs for everything. Its not a man off the street gig

Back