Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BROTHERFRANK View Post
    Most of the shops I've been in could probably run half the compressor they do if they just fixed their air leaks and used some of these Vortex tips on their air blow off guns instead of wide open! :

Nozzles Products - Vortex Air
    From their website -- "ITW Vortec’s Nozzles and Jets amplify airflow volume up to 25 times more than the compressed air supplied."

Really? Does that translate to more actual "oomph"? Sounds a little precious to me. Whenever I see "amplify" I assume there is a power supply involved, unless you are trading off one thing for another.

Anybody have real-world experience with these?

Regards.

Mike

2. Likes bryan_machine liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I ordered one Mike, and will try to compare it a little when it comes. You can stop by and check it out.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Finegrain View Post
    From their website -- "ITW Vortec’s Nozzles and Jets amplify airflow volume up to 25 times more than the compressed air supplied."

Really? Does that translate to more actual "oomph"? Sounds a little precious to me. Whenever I see "amplify" I assume there is a power supply involved, unless you are trading off one thing for another.

Anybody have real-world experience with these?

Regards.

Mike
    I've used these quite a bit. They are quieter and use less air than an 'open' blow off gun. What they mean by amplify is the nozzle moves a larger amount of surrounding air with the smaller amount of compressed air to give a bigger hit than you would normally get with the say 10CFM. A normal blow off gun is around 25 cfm. The air actually comes out in a ring at the largest part of the taper on the nozzle. sort of like a venturi effect. blah, blah blah. Whatever. It works! Quieter, less compressed air, good hit...they also come mounted on copper tubing that I use for air nozzles for dry machining. McMaster sells them under blow off nozzles I think. Some are threaded to go right on the end of a standard blow off gun.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I understand now. Thanks Gentlemen!