What's new
What's new

Haas macro engraving problem

Spiros1

Plastic
My shop using mostly Haas vf mill and we have big problem with the serial number engraving portion. The machine can not make two number 0 next to each other. Like 1100 and it will alarm out. So we have to skip to the next number which is 1101 . This is very frustrated. Any body know how to fix this? Thank you. Btw it happened to all the control of haas from old to the newest one

The way we did was putting the first number and last number in offsetpage and that how the macro do the engraving. Ex : we put .1090 for the 1st part and .1100 for the last one. So when we at the last part the machine would alarm out cause 1100 has two 0 and only run 11 and stop right there without finishing the 00 . So my question is do i have to fix the number that i put in offset page or do i have to fix the macro ?

The way we did was putting the first number and last number in offsetpage and that how the macro do the engraving. Ex : we put .1090 for the 1st part and .1100 for the last one. So when we at the last part the machine would alarm out cause 1100 has two 0 and only run 11 and stop right there without finishing the 00 . So my question is do i have to fix the number that i put in offset page or do i have to fix the macro ?

While I don't know the exact macro program you a running it sounds like it may be a problem with the control reading ahead and alarming. This can cause issues with probing as well and HAAS recommends turning off look ahead for probing macros, maybe try turning it off just before the engraving.
Here is a video explaining it. Then again it may not be your problemm at all.

I would watch the entire thing. good tips at the end.

Limiting Block Look-Ahead when using Macros – Haas Automation Tip of the Day - YouTube

Back