What's new
What's new

Haas Servo Bar 300 Random Pushout Problems

sknies

Plastic
Hello,

We keep having random push outs on our bar feeder and cannot figure out what happens. It could run 1000 parts fine, but push the next bar out too far. It is not when it loads a new bar, it is sometimes halfway through the bar. Has anyone had this happen before?

SK

The only time I have seen this problem on ours was running 1 1/4" brass bars and the collet was a little loose. The bar would slide out a little too much simply from momentum. Makes the next part too short. We actually had the pusher bar feed parameter slowed down some to combat this. Maybe a possibility in your situation.

Curtis

Feed out to a stop - even on Servo's.
You should be able to use your roughing tool as your stop.
(I have for 20 years)
The Servo feeders don't slam like the old hydro units that don't know where they are at.

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Check for a short part.

I have had bar push back in collet if we pushed too hard in a roughing cycle, tool got dull or large indexable drill. Usually happened when running a smooth, harder material like 304SS or G&P. Sometimes going with a serrated collet works...other times not so much. I found going heavier on clamp pressure did little to stop bar from pushing.

Anyway the bar goes back into headstock when machining, the next barfeed op pushes out the programed amount PLUS the amount the bar was pushed back.

When it always happens it's easy to detect...when it happens erratic...like at certain balance points on the bar its a real bear to figure out. Hence, if you find a short part as bar pushed back, you found your answer.

We are not seeing any short parts, maybe a couple that didn't face all the way on the first part on a new bar. And it is like it is pushing double the part when it does it. Not seeing any marks on the bar that looks like it is pushing back. Not saying it isn't.

Thank you for the replies
SK

Double the part is alot...I guess anyway, as I don't know how long part is.

As to not seeing marks on the bar...I rarely see marks showing the bar slid back. Exception would be the not quite round items...we do some extruded and forged items that push back and have seen marks on the high spots.

Back