What's new
What's new

drip feed in blocks option

sigmatero

Aluminum
I tried DNC4U out a while ago and remember it sending blocks of code to my machine and then when I was running the program when I got close to the end of that block it would send another block of code. My trial period ran out and I've been using my HSMWorks Edit transmit mode. It only seems to send out the first block of code and then my machine catches up and it runs one line at a time and is jerky for short moves.

I believe my baud rate of 19200 was the same for each. (Fanuc Oi-Mate MB control btw)

So does the type of DNC determine how the data is sent to the CNC? IOW was DNC4U sending it out in nice blocks and now HSMWorks isn't?

Or perhaps did I change a setting in the Fanuc control accidentally when I was setting up the parameters for the HSMWorks? Is there such a setting that allows data to come in larger blocks?

The following is from a 16i 18i manual but may be similar

Parameter 100.5 is

ND3 In DNC operation, a program is:
0 : Read block by block. (A DC3 code is output for each block.)
1 : Read continuously until the buffer becomes full. (A DC3 code is
output when the buffer becomes full.)

The following is from a 16i 18i manual but may be similar

Parameter 100.5 is

ND3 In DNC operation, a program is:
0 : Read block by block. (A DC3 code is output for each block.)
1 : Read continuously until the buffer becomes full. (A DC3 code is
output when the buffer becomes full.)

Boom- there it is. This fixed it- major difference. I found my old notes and I'm pretty sure that when I was using DNC4U I had this parameter set to 1 so this brought me back.

Thanks!

Back