What's new
What's new

Fanuc series O-T Parameters reset. In need of help!

sttica

Plastic
So i installed a new membrane on a fanuc series O-T and got Alarms

417 SERVO ALARM : X AXIS DGTL PARAM
427 SERVO ALARM : Z AXIS DGTL PARAM

I removed the membrane to try to reset the alarms with no luck.

what i think happened is the buttons were pushed down on power up and my parameters got reset.....

Its a Clausing Colchester CNC Lathe Storm 300 and i do not have the manual for it to establish the parameters.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

so i received a txt file with parameters from the manufacturer.

Im getting ALARM 085 085 P/S ALARM

representative said he think it was not set up to load by RS232.

is there a way i can setup the txt file to receive the parameters or am i screwed to insert them manually

Punched parameters from an 0TC look like this

&HE:%

N0001 P 01001010

N0002 P 10000011

N0003 P 00010000

N0004 P 01111011

N0005 P 01110111

N0006 P 01110101

N0007 P 00010001

N0008 P 01000000

%

I manually assigned all the parameters did not take as long as i thought it would.

machine alarms are all gone now

only issue now is the chuck is not engaging....

IIRC you need to enter the 900s by hand first.

If you ever change the membrane again its a good idea to go through and check all the buttons with a multimeter to make sure there is no continuity, or at a minimum the reset, delete, cancel exc.

All the parameters are in and some of the diagnostic the service rep gave me. hydraulics work and all but now the spindle wont engage or spin.

in mdi mode M03 S250 and spindle will not start.

any ideas?

Last edited:
Any alarms?

Is it in gear?

If my TC-2 is in neutral and you call M03 it does nothing and no alarm. I seem to remember it defaulting to first gear when the parameters were cleared but maybe your machine goes to neutral.....or maybe it doesn't have a transmission and none of this applies :crazy:

Problem solved. One of the parameters was missing a zero....

I guess thats why its always good to double check and triple check.

lmao man i went through exactly this. for those who find this thread. the chinese membranes button bubbles are TOO SHALLOW!!!!! this will ALWAYS happen with the "new" membranes. You can make them work by shimming them out, a 3d printed spacer would probably be ideal but the accepted standard fix is a piece of cardboard cut to fit.

Back