What's new
What's new

Haas TL-1 Next Gen Control users / owners PLEASE CONTACT ME!!!

LMNTS

Plastic
If you own or work with a Haas TL-1 with the next gen control, please let me know!!

I have a question for you specific to this machine about threading. This machine is doing some very odd things that no other Haas machine does and Haas claims it is intended.

Would REALLY appreciate the opportunity to confirm that this issue is not just my machine.

Thanks in advance!

If you own or work with a Haas TL-1 with the next gen control, please let me know!!

I have a question for you specific to this machine about threading. This machine is doing some very odd things that no other Haas machine does and Haas claims it is intended.

Would REALLY appreciate the opportunity to confirm that this issue is not just my machine.

Thanks in advance!

I have one, but if you are having issues with the canned cycles, I can't help you. I generate all of my code via a CAM system. Feel free to PM me if you have specific issues I can help with.

I would love to know if you could run a basic 1/2-13 thread and test to see if it's even remotely close to fitting a 1/2" nut.

Below is the G76 thread cycle we would use. It's created from the VPS system automatically. 1/2" dia material, 13 threads per inch, using a partial or full profile insert.

G76 X0.4169 Z-3. K0.0481 D0.012 F0.0769 A60

With this line we would expect a 1/2-13 thread, with a minor thread diameter of 0.416, but the machine never takes the insert that deep. It usually ends up around 0.035" too big! And there are no offsets or nose radius setting being used.

In our case, the machine is going so shallow that the thread tips still look flat. You can visually see it.

However, when we do basic turning programs, everything works perfectly.

We have had every field service person from Haas in here trying to figure it out, but they can't. And Haas is telling them that we have to trick the machine by putting in a smaller Major diameter, so it goes deeper.

I think we are getting the run around from Haas, and I think there is something wrong with our machine.

Check the tool nose radius in the offsets page for that tool if you haven't. I forgot to change it once in my ST20 when I went from a grooving insert with a .016 nose rad and it did something similar. My threading tool only had a .003 rad.

Check the tool nose radius in the offsets page for that tool if you haven't. I forgot to change it once in my ST20 when I went from a grooving insert with a .016 nose rad and it did something similar. My threading tool only had a .003 rad.

Hi pmack,

Thanks for your comment; we are not looking for threading help. Just need to find someone else with the same machine to confirm what Haas is telling us. And it must be a TL-1 with NGC only.

Also FYI, we were told (and confirmed) that the TL-1 (only) completely ignores tool nose radius on G76 so we are not able to use it.

so i just made a 1"-12 thread on the TL1 here at the Haas Factory, and I used VPS to program the thread

both VPS and the internet say the minor diameter is nominally .909

I had to budge the X wear offset by -.013 to get the go gauge to fit, which is typical.

i don't think there's anything wrong with your machine.

Let me preface this by saying the only reason I'm replying is so that you'll stop posting the same shit over and over. Learn to manage your bad attitude, as it's spilling out into every one of your posts.

The machine is fine.

The machine ignores tool nose radius because it uses the X diameter offset instead.

Whether you "trick" the machine by altering the X value in the program, or if you adjust the tool's X diameter offset, it's the same end result. This is how it works on many machines, not just Haas.

Your thread is 1/2"-13 x 3" long. That's a 6xD thread (actually 7xD if you use the minor dia). I don't see any taper compensation in your program. The part is flexing and cutting a taper, bigger on the Z0 end, smaller on the Z-3. end. I can guarantee you that.

Back