What's new
What's new

Haas tl2 vps

dScottO

Plastic
Just recently purchased a new HAAS TL2. It's intended use is for small production runs and to help our manual machinists who have the desire to learn CNC programing. Intentionally selected this machine for the VPS (Visual Programming System) which takes the inputs from the operator and creates code. We are getting error TOOL_CHANGE_POSITION_Z VALUE OUT OF RANGE. Have checked everything we can think of but still get error. We have CNC machinists who are very skilled in programming but are not familiar with the VPS. Reached out to HAAS but no help there .
This album does not have any photos.

Are you giving it a tool change position (editing in by hand), or is the vps generating the entire tool change command line? Do you have a toolchanger on this? 4 or 8 position? Couldn't tell you why, but ours seems a little funky as when you first power on you have to manually index the tool changer or something (I don't run it very often).

If there is a tool changer, can you do a toolchange manually?

which VPS template are you using, and what value are you putting in for your tool change Z position?

Might be a software bug.

We've been seeing similar "___ value out of range" errors in lathe tool probing, also in VPS. Easy fix but no doubt annoying.

Can you take picture of your screen showing the error?

In the next gen control there is a tool change position that is independent of the g code. If I recall correctly it in the current commands page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a 2007 TL-1 with manual tool change which I use occasionally, since I'm that most dangerous of creatures the engineering manager. Anyway, I had this or a very similar error last week. This happened because I did the power on reset after startup, but where it ends by asking you to put in tool 1, I failed to press the green button, but hit reset instead. This then seemed to make it think it hadn't zeroed its tool position or tool change position so errored when trying to run a cycle from the conversational control. I reran power on restart and hit the green button to acknowledge the tool change and it was fine. I can't recall the exact wording of the error am not sure if it was tool offset or tool change position.

Back