What's new
What's new

Haas TM1 Spindle drive fault 123

Kev h

Cast Iron
Hi Guys

Just started cutting the usual plastic parts and spindle went to max 4000rpm ok but alarmed out when spindle stopped and freewheeled slowly to a stop.

Will stop and start 0- 1500rpm ok not great for plastic though...

Have had 320v power error popping up more a little more frequently lately so am kind of thinking its linked to this.

Incoming 3 phase seems ok

Spoke to has engineer but was a little vague as its older 2003 ish model.

Any help would be appreciated ;)

Cheers Kev :cool:

go to your diagnostics page. page down to see your DC bus voltage. should be around 340 -350 ish. also check it while the spindle is ramping up.

DC buss voltage may not be right, check as mentioned above - at idle I believe it should be around 320v

Check it (VERY CAREFULLY!!!) in the cabinet - it will be live so only do it if confident and safe - check the DC voltage across screw 2 and 3 on the vector drive, sometimes the value on the screen is not accurate.

You may need to alter the TAPs, up or down depending on what numbers you see.

Last wee I installed a new to me VF0, and started on the middle taps, but was getting a 370v on the screen DC buss, so ended up testing the next two taps till I got it to 320v

Thanks for posts guys , just thought I,d reply to wrap it up.

Turned out it was the 320v power supply , which initially was a £5k bill !! but found out after that I would be refunded a good chunk of it as it was a core return part !:D

New power supply was a much newer design and half the size but engineer after double checking it was the correct part got it fitted in no time and has been running ok for a few weeks now.

Anyway thanks again for help.

Cheers Kev :cool:

Back