What's new
What's new

Haas Tooling?

Mickey_D

Stainless
We primarily run aluminum and use Destiny for solid carbide and Mitsubishi for insert tooling and CTS drills but both of them are getting really expensive so I am looking around. Haas seems to be pushing their own line of tooling now and wondering if anyone is running much of it and what kind of results are you getting?

We primarily run aluminum and use Destiny for solid carbide and Mitsubishi for insert tooling and CTS drills but both of them are getting really expensive so I am looking around. Haas seems to be pushing their own line of tooling now and wondering if anyone is running much of it and what kind of results are you getting?

Subscribe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have ZERO info on Haas tooling other that I looked at it and its seems costly for what it is ,I also mostly do alum and run YG1 3 flute and some Mari 3 flute endmills and both are vary nice ,,, for roughers I like the Taz cutters best and get months and months out of them , most all my drills are YG1 and so are taps ,

I am slowly changing my orders to Mari in that the prices are good and he has GREAT service ,,, most of what I have been getting from him is made in USA

I was put off by their goofy LOC's. IE 7/16" LOC on an 1/8" endmill. For some, no big deal. I regularly am using all my flute length, even sometimes rubbing shank on parts that don't matter.

First impression is its rebranded offshore crap. I'm sure where they do well is you can roll tooling packages into your machinery payments.

For aluminum I would be using Accupro ZrN coated endmills, although I can't say the difference in prices between them and Destiny.

I guess I should not be griping about the price of the Destiny tooling. 75% of our production comes out of a pair of Okuma 560s and we make about 3 dumpster loads of 6061 chips a month. We started getting a little chip welding on a 1/2 Diamond Back (their rougher) this morning. The guy who swapped it checked the tool sheet for the machine and that tool had been in there since September of 2019. Most of the parts that run on that machine lose at least 80% of the material and most of that comes off with the 1/2" rougher. Guess I got my money out of it.

I don't use Haas tooling, but I run a lot of Aluminum. I use Harvey tooling for anything small, less than .250. I get it with TiB2 coating. It works as well as DLC or diamond coating, but is cheaper. And anything larger I also use Helical tools with ZRN coating. they have some great endmills with wipers to get better surface finish.

Back