What's new
What's new

Haas TSC 1K Pump

GcodeInMotion

Plastic
This is more of a machine/maintenance issue than a machining issue.

I have a Haas UMC750SS is about 4 years old and I have the 1000PSI TSC option. I have used the TSC sporadically over the four years with out issue. I tried to use it today when drilling a hole with a CoroDrill and the pump had flow but wouldn't build pressure and eventually the machine would alarm out with 151. It seems that the pump head may be pooched. I also have the 300PSI TSC pump so I swapped them out and it worked great.

At this point I can carry on with the 300PSI pump but I'm faced with replacing/repairing the 1000 PSI pump.

First off anybody with any experience with TSC on a Haas that may have some input it would be much appreciated. Secondly if I have to replace the pump head Haas wants over 1K for the replacement head and I was thinking that there must be replacement parts/re-build kits for the pump head out there. If anyone knows whos manufacturing the pump heads for Haas it would be a step in the right direction in getting parts.

Does it have a small 1/4 inch plastic line coming from the top cover to the coolant tank ? If so I bet it’s plugged up not letting the air out of the filter tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ours was a vf5ss it would go dry and loose prime because that small tube got plugged up with fine cuttings pour about a gallon of coolant in the tank and see if it starts pumping

Does it have a small 1/4 inch plastic line coming from the top cover to the coolant tank ? If so I bet it’s plugged up not letting the air out of the filter tank

While there are different iterations of the Haas TCS it is probably easier to understand my set up so I have attached this image. Remember 1000PSI pump
has issues creating pressure but the swapping it out with the 300PSI pump the system works great.

2019-04-04 15.59.17.jpg

Looks like the ball valve is turned off on the line I’m talking about. On ours if it is plugged up the high pres. pump won’t work we pull it off right at that ball valve and blow air back toward the tank. I think when the low press pump is running it should be filling the resivor for the high pressure pump

Back