What's new
What's new

Haas VF-4 1998 with 4rth indexer value? worth a you know what?

Hot Headz Marine

Hot Rolled
seller states:
MACHINE SPECIFICATION
X - AXIS TRAVEL (INCHES) 50"
Y - AXIS TRAVEL (INCHES) 20"
Z - AXIS TRAVEL (INCHES) 25"
TABLE SIZE - L 52"
TABLE SIZE - W 18"
TABLE LOAD CAPACITY 3500 LBS
SPINDLE TAPER (CAT/BT) CAT 40
SPINDLE SPEED 0-7500 RPM
SPINDLE NOSE TO TABLE (MIN.- MAX.) 4" - 29"
TOOL CHANGER TYPE 20 ATC
SPINDLE MOTOR (HP) 20 HP
MACHINE EQUIPPED WITH
HAAS 4-AXIS CNC CONTROL FLOPPY DRIVE RIGID TAPPING BRUSHLESS SERVOS 16MB PROGRAM MEMORY QUICK CODE REMOTE JOG HANDLE LINEAR SCALES PROGRAMMABLE COOLANT NOZZLE 4TH-AXIS DRIVE CHIP AUGER HAAS 5C INDEXER
MACHINE DESCRIPTION
This used Haas VMC VF4 features a spindle speed of 7500 RPM, 50"X x 20"Y x 25"Z travels, a 20 ATC, and a CAT 40 spindle taper. It also features a 4th axis drive.haas vf4.jpghaas vf4.jpg

I'm going to take a guess between 26k-35k depending on hrs and condition. I always like to do a personal inspection and check the alarm list. And overall condition of the machine. 2 things that would put it closer to the top end that it doesn't have is high speed machining, and a 10000 rpm spindle.

Yes unfortunately it is the control that they no longer support. But I will say there is a place in hunt valley MD that repairs them.

Value is totally dependent on the condition of the machine, you need to do an in-person inspection, or have someone who knows what they're looking for do it. Check backlash, ballscrews, ways, table flatness. Confirm it's been lubricated, motors are working, nothing alarming out.

That said, if it's working, $16.5k to your door is probably a good deal. I don't profess to be a Haas guru, though.

Yes unfortunately it is the control that they no longer support. But I will say there is a place in hunt valley MD that repairs them.

I just spoke with HAAS and they do not service those controls once failed. retro fit I am told by them is approx. 25,000.00 for parts only.. Obviously they want ya to purchase a new machine.
The ball screw is no big deal and if the control is ok now you know it wont be one day.
Seems like there is going to be a whole bunch of older haas machines on the for sale rack cheap sooner than later for many years to come based on that wouldn't ya think.

Thank you for your responses.

I expected that someone would figger out a work-around to repair the old soon enough.
I am sure that should be a lucrative app for some time to come!
I would expect a couple more outfits to jump in the game yet too.
Haas will be the big loser here.

H/H

You had an Acroloc, and those weren't large machines by any means.
Doo you have application for a machine this big?
Doo you have app for 4 axis?

If so - this might not be real bad.
It looks pretty rusty in the pic.
Must'a had synthetic coolant?
Or maybe just sat in cold storage for too long? (with bad screw)

If you don't need quite that large, or 4x, then maybe hold out a little more.
You can find a better machine with a Fanuc or similar for same $.

--------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I do need the 4rth and could make do with a bit smaller table but not much. I have a thousand concerns and am gun shy about any machine after my ACRO-JUNK-EXPERIENCE Known now as AJE in house.

I expected that someone would figger out a work-around to repair the old soon enough.
I am sure that should be a lucrative app for some time to come!
I would expect a couple more outfits to jump in the game yet too.
Haas will be the big loser here.

H/H

You had an Acroloc, and those weren't large machines by any means.
Doo you have application for a machine this big?
Doo you have app for 4 axis?

If so - this might not be real bad.
It looks pretty rusty in the pic.
Must'a had synthetic coolant?
Or maybe just sat in cold storage for too long? (with bad screw)

If you don't need quite that large, or 4x, then maybe hold out a little more.
You can find a better machine with a Fanuc or similar for same $.

--------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Back