Haas vf0e got me near my end, need help!
Close
Login to Your Account
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Indiana
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Haas vf0e got me near my end, need help!

First post. I have a 2000 Haas vf0e in my home shop, running on 208 3 phase, no converter.

Please bear with me as this might take a minute...I was getting some Z axis alarms, several actually.

226: Z transition fault
    141: Z motor fault
    105: Z servo error too large

-I have had the Z axis motor/encoder tested and rebuilt.

-The servo Amps were tested and OK'd.

-I sent all 3 stacked PCB's off for cleaning/testing and got the all clear.

-The low voltage power supply was tested and the capacitor was updated.

-The repair facility, which was highly recommended by a few different sources, also installed the latest software, v10.35.

Everything was reinstalled with ESD precautions taken.

-I installed a new z axis motor/encoder cable from Haas, just in case. (see the last pic below) The issue here is I'm not sure where the connectors in the last picture should go. The old cable only had 1 extra connector which went to the lower HV
    terminal on the Z amp. The new cable has 2, both labeled amp HV?

The other thing glaring at me is the wiring from the low voltage power supply, of course I forgot to take pics of that during disassembly. It seems I have an extra 3 connectors with nowhere to plug em in. They are labeled to be plugged into locations on the three stacked PCB's, all 3 of which are already occupied with wires coming from the power distribution board. The first 4 pictures below pertain to that.

Now I'm getting a 160 alarm, low voltage. The X amp and the Z amp have no lights on them, the Y and the A(not being used) are green. What am I missing?

I was careful to take pics of everything during disassembly, almost, fairly certain I got it all back together correctly.
    Sorry for rambling, hope I covered everything, Any help is greatly appreciated (pics loaded sideways, sorry bout that)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image_123923953-4-.jpg   image_123923953-2-.jpg   image_123923953-3-.jpg   image_123923953-1-.jpg   image_123923953.jpg  

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Idaho
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I would ring up the factory, they are very helpful and free

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The vector drive is the most likely culprit on the scale of electric things to fail. There is a pretty obvious alarm that occurs, that i don't remember off the top of my head.
    I had mine rebuilt for ~$1000 with an outfit in the pacific northwest.
    leftover wires is like a mechanic with leftover bolts. Better get that sorted before calling a professional.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

where abouts in IN you located. For Haas parts and rebuild parts check out Northern Machine Tool Services in N IL good guys to deal with. i've got an old VFO can take a gander at it in the morning to check out wiring. Make sure to test your incoming voltage to the machine and make sure your taps down in the lower right match the voltage that is coming in. Low voltage alarm will pop also from vector drive. Just had mine rebuilt because of that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Couple pictures to reference this is a '97 VF-0. Also forgot to mention if you don't have the original Haas manual for the machine hop on Haas' website and they have just about every manual for any machine go there and download it. It'll have nice detailed drawings for your electrical schematic I've had to use these several times tearing into the machine.
    haas-vf0-1.jpg
    haas-vf0-3.jpg
    haas-vf0-2.jpg

6. Likes eaglemike liked this post