What's new
What's new

Haas VF1 arbor losing zero reference

Jvanman

Plastic
Running a part on our VF1 mill that we have run several times before. When the part is loaded on to the arbor to drill & tap 3 holes, the holes check 'out of position' on our CMM and the arbor itself does not retain it's zero reference (last time it was .020 off). My initial thought is the Arbor needs to be PM'd. One of my esteemed colleague's suggested checking the program to make sure it wasn't missing code that might rectify the problem. Any help or direction is appreciated.

I'm fairly new to this, so my terminology likely causes confusion. (a.k.a.: I don't know what I'm talking about)

I'm fairly new to this, so my terminology likely causes confusion. (a.k.a.: I don't know what I'm talking about)
Take a picture of the setup (or even a shitty hand drawn sketch will help), label everything and restate your question using those labels. Tell us how you are setting the work offset for everything.

Also, if you think the code may be at fault, post the program here. Not a snippet, the whole program.

The term "Arbor" means a lot of different things as it's defined. But then it means even more Regionally, Shop to Shop, Person to Person.

R

Trying to attach a picture. Not sure it's working. When using MDI, we can get the fixture to return to A0. every time. When we run a program (have tried to different programs) it loses the zero in A. Since we have run these parts in the past without issue, I'm thinking the issue is with the fixture itself.

I've uploaded the picture of the fixture. This is rotated 90°.

Attachments

• VF1arbor.jpg
    VF1arbor.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 99
Trying to attach a picture. Not sure it's working. When using MDI, we can get the fixture to return to A0. every time. When we run a program (have tried to different programs) it loses the zero in A. Since we have run these parts in the past without issue, I'm thinking the issue is with the fixture itself.

Sounds like your fixture work offset isnt set correctly.

This is the section of program with the center drill and drill:

G20
G00 G17 G40 G49 G80 G90
T7 M06
G00 G90 G56 X0.692 Y0. A15. S4000 M03
G43 H07 Z1.5
M08
G98 G81 Z0.968 R1.25 F12.
A120.
A240.
G80
M05
G91 G28 Z0. M09
A0.
M01

(3.1MM TAP DRILL)
T9 M06
G00 G90 G56 X0.692 Y0. A15. S4000 M03
G43 H09 Z1.5
M08
G98 G83 Z0.8283 R1.25 Q0.25 F16.
A120.
A240.
G80
M05
G91 G28 Z0. M09
A0.
M01

Do you jog your A to get the fixture flat? If so, the machine position for A needs to be set in your work offset for G56 A.

Value is set to zero after fixture is indicated in with the flat surface on the top.

Thats your problem.
zero fixture. highlight g56 in your fixture offset page. hit the button on the left that says "part zero set"
make sure you are in your g56 and also make sure you highlight the A tab on the G56 line. so nothing else changes.

when you hit part zero set(which is under the F keys) you will see your A fixture number changed. NOW the fixture is "ZERO" for that particular work offset.( it always should read something)

Back