What's new
What's new

Haas VF2 Program Data Error

newkdeezy

Plastic
So yesterday, after running all day, about 1 minute left of a 40 minute cycle time, my Haas VF-2 threw out a "257 Program Data Error" alarm and stopped dead in her tracks. The instructions suggested saving the file to a flash drive and then deleting it off of the Net Share drive. We have 6 Haas running off of that Net Share drive. So I saved it to a flash drive and deleted it form our drive. It stopped in the same spot. I then tried copying the data and posting it onto another file then running that....nope. No changes were made to the program anytime near when this occurred and had been running for 2 weeks prior without fail. We loaded the file onto one of the other machines to see if it is the machine or file. The program will run in other machines. Is this fixable by the average CNC machinist or do I need to call in tech support? Any input would be appreciated.

Last time mine froze I wrote down all my offsets, tool geometry and wear, and work, erased both tables, and re-loaded. Seemed to work. Once I also put a zero in the #of flutes column, and the machine stopped because it couldn't figure the chipload.

So yesterday, after running all day, about 1 minute left of a 40 minute cycle time, my Haas VF-2 threw out a "257 Program Data Error" alarm and stopped dead in her tracks. The instructions suggested saving the file to a flash drive and then deleting it off of the Net Share drive. We have 6 Haas running off of that Net Share drive. So I saved it to a flash drive and deleted it form our drive. It stopped in the same spot. I then tried copying the data and posting it onto another file then running that....nope. No changes were made to the program anytime near when this occurred and had been running for 2 weeks prior without fail. We loaded the file onto one of the other machines to see if it is the machine or file. The program will run in other machines. Is this fixable by the average CNC machinist or do I need to call in tech support? Any input would be appreciated.

Take your program your trying to reload and rename it to another number,, then call it up and you should be good to go.
if you look at your file list on your machine you probably see something like ! followed by the program number or some other wierd shit.
this was a tyical problem on the 2005-2010 machines give or take a few years. it sucks but you can run the program no problem only if you change the program number and load it.
you will never be able to use that program number in your machine until its fixed.
Mine ran for 3 years like that before I had them come in and fix it.
again it doesnt affect any part of the machine other than that particular program and part number. wait till you have another service call and they can fix it at the same time saving you a trip charge.
you should ahve no problems using any other program in the machine.

Back