What's new
What's new

Haimer probe tips: calibration needed for different sizes?

IcarusMW

Plastic
I got some long tips for my probe, and the diameter of the ball on the end seems to be 2x the diameter of the short version. Haimer's website says no calibration is needed when changing tips, but is this really the case? If I zero out in a dimension, am I still on centerline, or am I now off by the difference in tip diameter?

If it reads 0 on the dial you are on the edge regardless of which of the two tips you're using.

I always check my concentricity after changing but it's never out by much. Also of note is the longer tip is half as accurate as the shorter .200 tip.

I got some long tips for my probe, and the diameter of the ball on the end seems to be 2x the diameter of the short version. Haimer's website says no calibration is needed when changing tips, but is this really the case? If I zero out in a dimension, am I still on centerline, or am I now off by the difference in tip diameter?

The larger tip has a larger diameter to compensate for the extra length of the shank. Will need clocking in.

Back