What's new
What's new

Minimum cutting feed rate brother c-00 control

sage9984

Plastic
Hey guys,

So as you know, I recently purchased a s700. I'm trying to set my first job on the machine. When I post the program from fusion and for example the program calls out a F10 in cutting move, the feed if actually moving if F78.74. and that goes for all the tools I have set up for this particular job. If I change that said feed from 10 to 100, then it will cut at 100. It almost feels like there is a parameter set in the control that overrides to a minimum value of F78.74.

Anyone have any idea where going on?

FYI this if a demo machine from yamazen.

No idea but I use decimals for all my feed rates on ours and haven't had that issue. I have fed as slowly as 3ipm.

Hey guys,

So as you know, I recently purchased a s700. I'm trying to set my first job on the machine. When I post the program from fusion and for example the program calls out a F10 in cutting move, the feed if actually moving if F78.74. and that goes for all the tools I have set up for this particular job. If I change that said feed from 10 to 100, then it will cut at 100. It almost feels like there is a parameter set in the control that overrides to a minimum value of F78.74.

Anyone have any idea where going on?

FYI this if a demo machine from yamazen.
Post your code. Not likely a demo will be set up with weird parameters in metric, but possible. Your 78.74 number makes me think there is something in the background set to metric. If your dry run key is pressed, that may run a LOT faster depending on what the parameter is set for dry run mode. It is not necessarily the same as programmed feed rate.

So my dry run was clicked. I left for the day. Will have to try doing it on Wednesday with it clicked off.

So my dry run was clicked. I left for the day. Will have to try doing it on Wednesday with it clicked off.
Just raise your Z offset enough to clear the material, or leave the material off the fixture or out of the vise, and run your program.

My machines came with various setting in the dry run parameters. One of them was sort of normal, one had me puckered up pretty good. There's lots of parameters to fine tune things. I don't know your local Yamazen guys, but the crew here (BrotherFrank and 2outof3) is awesome if you have a questions. There's some pretty bright guys on this forum with Brother machines.

You are going to love it!!!!

Last edited:
Thank you sir! I looked everywhere through the control and even the manual and didn't find anything. Who knew it was as simple as the dry run button. I will test it on Wednesday and report back! Happy holidays to all!

I went to check on one of my guys and see how he was making out...

“It’s a little fast” was his only criticism as he was sitting at the table deburring parts.
“I bet it was” I retorted as I reached up and turned off dry run.

He never made that mistake again.

factory setting for the dry run feedrate is interlinked with the rapid/high speed manual positioning setting. These are the settings for X,Y,Z and 4th jog keys. In other words on the Manual Conditions screen, if this setting is lower, say at 25%, the dry run feeds are more normal. If you set the high speed or rapid positioning to 100%, the dry run will fly in feed mode.

Just raise your Z offset enough to clear the material, or leave the material off the fixture or out of the vise, and run your program.
I'm not at a control right now, but there's a setting to automatically raise Z by X amount during dry run. I've got mine set at 2.0 inches.

I'm not at a control right now, but there's a setting to automatically raise Z by X amount during dry run. I've got mine set at 2.0 inches.

That's where mine is too.
I was trying to give him a way to proof without using dry run, or trying to find the parameters to change them in dry run.

many cnc have a maximum setting for feed rates on each axis done with parameter settings
for example might slow Z to 100. ipm feed to lessen crash risk and damage. i have seen many cnc where max feed was reduced from 800. ipm max feed to a lesser amount cause operator (or the boss) didnt like it that fast
if somebody reset max feed too low i could see somebody else wanting to increase it. for example if way covers unhooked max feed was slowed for days, weeks, etc but after it appears way covers will stay on then higher max feed is tried. sheetmetal way covers when damaged can take weeks and months to get new ones made and replaced
some way covers got little ball bearing rollers on bottom. if bearing not turning freely the way covers vibrate and bounce a lot at higher feed rates.

Back