What's new
What's new

Hand Cleaner Brands

Johnhudson

Aluminum
Well I need to buy some hand cleaner,
I've been using zep cherry bomb at work it's ok, What do you use.

Thanks in advance.

We use Gojo Supro Max at work, I use Stoko Kresto at home. I prefer the Stoko but they’re similar. Very little scent, both made from ground walnut shells I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Typically, just Lava.... But, for really heavy grease and grime I step up to Gojo Multigreen--- really does the job.

Used to use Anco powdered hand soap. Most shops had a 30 gal. drum next to the slop sink that became the urinal at Beer O'clock. Had a good smell and worked well, can't find it anywhere. Anybody know where this available?

Dawn for normal machine shop grime.

For nasty stuff, tar, paint, aged grease, Detroit Diesel drain oil, etc ProSoap can't be beat. Even beats Kresto by a lot. Plus it doesn't dry your skin and smells good.

Well I need to buy some hand cleaner,
I've been using zep cherry bomb at work it's ok, What do you use.

Thanks in advance.

Skin lives longer, serves its design purpose better yah avoid harsh caustic soaps and try to just sorta lift and float out dirt and such.

First line:

Cheap, but "food grade" AKA edible cooking oil so long as I can get away with nothing more aggressive.

"Pomace" AKA solvent-extracted, NOT "Virgin" or "first cold pressing" Olive or Canola. Slow acting, but easier on the skin and general health.

Second Line:

Cheap "Goop" non-abrasive. More lanolin, less solvent that my old fav - DL Blue Label. Eventually rots, though. Usta keep it in the damned fridge.

Third for harder stuff:

Cherry Go-Jo, bought in the small squeeze bottles so it is used-up BEFORE it offers to degrade.

Final-Final is:

- "Warm Ginger" or similar cheap soft-soap cut 20% with Old-Skewl Brown Listerine,

- ELSE Ajax orange DW detergent cut 30% with Listerine at the two kitchen sinks.

The Listerine cut-back reduces gumminess, waxy residue as plugs pumps and the like, keeps the other stuff healthy longer, and pretty well banishes ANY sort of infection from slivers, cuts, or abrasions. Eucalyptol, is it?

Fingernail brush, toothpicks to clear under nails. Now and then an abrasive buff to clear calluses, hangnails or such...

You have a Wife or GF? Think of HER health and go that extra mile. It's worth it!

Go ahead.. call me a pussy.

I know what I like and I ain't changing my priorities 'coz yah left-off "hound".

:)

2CW

We use Gojo Supro Max at work, I use Stoko Kresto at home. I prefer the Stoko but they’re similar. Very little scent, both made from ground walnut shells I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I buy my own supro max for work. It takes off all kinds of nasty crap and doesn't dry your skin (has a lotion in it). The shop has gojo orange and boraxo...no thanks lol.

I'm with Aaron. General hand-washing? Dawn dish-soap works just fine.
Working on a diesel engine? That nasty black shit that refuses to come off? Tranny fluid and sand.
Think I'm crazy? Try it. You better not have girlie hands though.

Doesn't this belong elsewhere?

We have just cheap liquid soap for most of the time. But for greasy or really dirty hands we use Worx. It is a really good powdered cleaner Easy on your hands but a little pile about the size of a nickel in the palm of your hand is enough to clean really greasy dirty hands.

Back