What's new
What's new

Hurco mill with Dynapath Delta 10/20 - Manual override Jog Issue

Hammerbot

Plastic
We are resurrecting an old mill that was mothballed 10 years ago. A Hurco / MHP-5K
I have been working through issues as they come up, but the one I can't figure is this:

How do I manually jog the machine once I have run over-limit and tripped the limit switch?

Attached is a photo of the control panel to show what button options I have.

Tried holding the Blue button down and jogging with no luck.

I cant find an easy way to manually move the bed (currently locked on the Y-axis) short of channel locks on the lead screw. Probably a last resort... probably...20181221_090426.jpg

Anyone find a version of the manual for the Dynapath Delta on the interweb?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Tim

I remove the follower that toggles the switch. Restart the control, for some reason I have to clear enter jog and clear and enter jog, then making sure you are going the right direction, it should allow you to move back into safe Territory where you can reinstall the switch follower.

I think it depends on how the machine builder implemented the control. I have a machine that will jog off the Z axis just by holding the jog switch for a few seconds. For the X and Y I have to hit the white Reset button then turn the jog switch. IIRC there's a 12V circuit on the control power supply the does little except supply 12V for the override function, it has to be live for that to work.

Is there a threaded plug in the center of the end cover on the servo that you can remove to reach in with a socket to turn the servo manually?

So there was a "Limit Override Switch" but it wasn't on the front panel.
It was back behind on the back side of the main power enclosure. a 2-person job to make it work.
This was found, of course, after I had removed panels and found a way to rotate the belt pulleys from the drive motors.

Thanks for the help... and the paperwork...

Tim

Back