Hardinge/Bridgeport V1000 Opinions? VS Kitamura 4XiD - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I looked at the Kitamura today at a local shop that has had it several months now. They really like the machine and the Mitsubishi control. No complaints at all. The machine seemed solid. They were doing some heavy milling in aluminum and you really couldn't feel any vibration on the machine at all.

There is a lot to like about this machine (40 tools, heavy roller ways, compact footprint), and I was able to negotiate a lower price on this machine as well. It's not much more than the Hardinge now. Kitamura seems to have a decent sized user base in west Michigan as well. (Unlike Hardinge)

I've also come to the conclusion that a bridge type VMC won't work for me. About once a week I have one or more long parts that I have to open the side panel of the machine to fit through. You can't do that on the Okuma. Originally I thought that, if I got the Okuma, I could run those jobs on one of my old VMCs, but I really don't want that limitation.

2. Likes ManualEd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A&M just purchased a 2010 for resale. complete with 8" 4th axis and OSP P200MR control call me
    720-903-3856, Nick Johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I would nix him, but after looking through all their posts, none are on my boards.

--------------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You should consider the Japanese Kitamura's. The D machines are built in Taiwan & have a much less powerful control. We just installed a 3020G a couple months ago & that thing is a beast. Also extremely fast for a box way. Something like 2300"/min rapids. Almost to fast. I beleive standard look ahead on the G machines is 1800 blocks.
    All Japanese Kitamuras are box way.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by toolmaker96 View Post
    You should consider the Japanese Kitamura's. The D machines are built in Taiwan & have a much less powerful control. We just installed a 3020G a couple months ago & that thing is a beast. Also extremely fast for a box way. Something like 2300"/min rapids. Almost to fast. I beleive standard look ahead on the G machines is 1800 blocks.
    All Japanese Kitamuras are box way.
    I was looking at their website a few days ago and it says box ways on X and Y now, so it looks like no longer box ways on the Z axis which seems backwards. I know of a few machines that have box way Z and linear X and Y. Rapids are 1969 ipm and pretty hard on the rubber bumpers in the way covers.