What's new
What's new

Hardinge Conquest with Fanuc 18-T, Parts Counter

steermtd

Plastic
I'm sure it's somewhere in this forum, but I could not find. Bought a used Hardinge 1995 with 18-T control. There is a parts counter page, but it's all 0's. I was able to correct the current time, that was easy. I do really need the counter and also cycle time, we cannot see any of that and it's usually on the POS page. Any help appreciated.

It's always possible that your machine didn't come std with it, but I have a similar machine and a yr older, and even it has the counter on it.
I kan't hardly imagine an 18 not having one...

It's on this page, under "Settings"

--------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Attachments

• DSCN2719.jpg
    DSCN2719.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 97
On my Conquest of the same vintage, M30 increments the parts count. So, every time the program finishes, the parts count goes up by one.

My experience is the same as both ox and wmpy above. On ours m99 (like in a sub-program or routine) nor m2 triggers the counter.

I run my machine with a bar feeder, so the program loops continuously. Usually, I accomplish this by using an M99 at the end of the program instead of an M30. However, this doesn't move the part counter. So, I use an M30 and make sure the "Continuous" (or whatever it's labeled) button on the control panel is on. This loops the program despite it having an M30.

M2 cycles it on all of my Hardinge/Fanuc machines. (3)

If you use the counter to stop the cycle at a certain point, you would need to "not" have M99 in your prog I would think.

----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Interesting on the m2 Ox, not on mine (Quest 51).

Never set the counter as a stop, no bar feeder and rarely used a puller. Only thing the counter was used for is “damn, I still have 75 more to load??”

Last edited:
Didnt the conquests have a repeat mode button for running in loop while still using M30 at the end for the part counter

Any Hardinge should have that.

Any lathe should prolly have that, but it could be included in the "Barfeed" option?

--------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

It's in there, I just think it needs to be turned on by a parameter.
Machine came with a barfeed. What I really like is the display of the cycle time per part. Also the run time of the current program when running, but once you stop the machine, it returns to 0. It also continually adds to the part count. On another Hardinge with the parts counter we use that with a spreadsheet of the tools. We can keep a close eye and know when time is approaching for a tool to be changed. Or if it wears premature, something is wrong.

You can edit how the cycle time posts out as well.

The T51 with 18 will continually add up cycle time while it is in "Continuous" mode, but my TT65 with 18i resets to 0 at every end of program.

I'm sure that is just a setting somewhere.
I haven't bothered to look for it.
Even if I found it - I'm not sure which way I would want to flip it.
There are benefits either way.

----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Back