What's new
What's new

Hardinge GT 27 door verification.

peninsula

Aluminum
Hi. We picked up an older GT 27 at auction. I cannot get past the door verification alarm. I am not sure if someone messed with it or if it just broken but even flipping the lever by hand does not work. Am I missing something or is there a way around it to at least make sure the machine functions before I start putting money into it?

How old is older? Mine was purchased new in 97. Besides the door check which involves both opening and closing the door there is the emergency reset. Pull on the emergency stop button and push the emergency reset at the same time. If the door switch is not responding my first guess the switch is defective, check it with an ohm meter with the machine off. Wiring and relays would be next on my list. Someone else may have had an actual failure and know probabilities of failure and which items to check first.

Just looked at mine and there is a lever on the rotary shaft that has a clamp on it. Seems like that would be the first thing to check the switch could be operational but the timing/positioning on the lever could be off. Might be as simple as loosening and resetting the clamp.

Its about that age. Mid 90s. I pulled that little arm off and flipped over so I could actuate it by hand and it still does not respond.

Do I need to pull up on the e stop while hitting the e stop reset or just release it? That may be my hold up.

order of operations for ours is:
power on with e-stop button out
once the message appears ,open then close operators door
While holding up on the e-stop, press and release the e-stop reset button
when you hear the clunk, you are good to go.

this is the only machine I have seen with a three position e-stop button.

Back