What's new
What's new

Hardinge ST Help

Big Ears

Plastic
Hello all,
I am brand new here and to CNC machining in general so please forgive my lack of knowledge. I am trying to set up a Hardinge Conquest ST-220B with Fanuc 18-T Dual Path Control and it has been stuck in E-Stop since I've powered it up the first time. All power supplies, servo and spindle amps are showing "not ready", and no power is getting to any of the pump motors or bar feeder.

I assume the lack of power to the motors / bar feeder is because it is in E-stop? I have two alarms on screen:

SECOND
1025 BAR FEED FAULT

MAIN
1101 LIVE TOOLING DRIVE ALARM

The latter only appears when I press E-Stop Reset and then disappears when I release the button but the machine remains in E-Stop. The bar feed fault stays there. Again, I am very green here and have never gotten this machine out of E-Stop. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. Hardinge no longer supports this machine and won't even speak to me about it. A search for the 1101 Alarm produces no info. Can't find it listed anywhere.

The E-stop button has three positions: pushed in, middle position, and pulled out which is momentary. You need to pull out the E-stop button while pressing the E-stop reset button. Let me know if that doesn't work. It's kind of a goofy system.

Do you have a book for the machine? I think the book tells you how to get the machine out of E-stop.

I have a ST-216 with the same control. I'm pretty familiar with it. Feel free to ask any other questions you might have about it.

I do have the book and I should have said that I was pulling the E-stop all the way out while pushing the reset button. Sure will make my day if it turns out to be something simple like that, though. No telling what I'm missing but I am following the power up procedure per the manual.

Do you have the bar feed hooked up to the machine? Are you sure that it is properly interfaced? Is the E-stop button on the bar feed pulled out?

I'll look more at my machine tomorrow to get some better ideas.

I get the same things with the bar feed connected and not connected. Tried both ways. As far as I know it is properly interfaced when connected. The PO labeled all the wires and locations. It is connected per those labels. The e-stop on the bar feed is pulled out but still does nothing as the machine is not sending any power to the bar feed. The white breaker buttons stay out on that circuit in the lathe cabinet.

With the bar feed disconnected, is there a way to tell the machine to not look for the bar feed? If I can take the bar feed out of the equation entirely, I'll have more info to zero in on the problem. But as it stands, even with the bar feed completely disconnected, I still get the bar feed fault alarm.

Thank you for your help, btw.

Well, I think I may have found the problem...or at least a problem. I opened the front electronics cabinet (didn't even know there was one...no laughing. I'm new) to find the 3 units to the right in the photo were no longer connected to the board. They were just hanging by their wires in the cabinet, clips broken. I have not powered up the machine again because I'm not sure if I connected them back to the correct slots. I don't know how to confirm what slots they go into nor if I will cause damage if they are in the wrong slots when I power up. Any guidance on figuring that out?

20200915_123311.jpg

I'll look at mine after 5:00 cst today once it stops running. I think it would be the same.

Slots 6 and 7 on the PLC are open on mine. I think it's a reasonable assumption that our machines are the same. If you PM me your email address, I can send you a picture I took. I don't have the patience to post a photo in this thread right now.

That did it! Moved the units to the correct slots and everything came on! Now to get this bar feed set up.

Back