What's new
What's new

Haas lathe G70 repeats.

Ehumm13

Plastic
I'm running cam cycles in a DS30SSY lathe. My G70 is running two passes. Is there a parameter to toggle this on/off? I've tried various D values, using the same Q & P lines as my G71/G72, and also giving it it's own P & Q lines. No luck there. Eliminating this extra pass would help my cycle time a lot.

Thanks in advance,

The precise behavior of that cycle depends on which software version you're using, as NGC is under active development. Haas is aware of this problem, but it wouldn't hurt to mention this to your HFO.

For the moment, if you want it to do exactly what you'd like, program it in long form instead of w/ G70, you can use the same PQ blocks, just avoid the G70 line. G70 / G71 has been tricky to match the behavior of the old control and they're still dialing it in.

The Haas's I used to run did that often, the '06 wasn't bad but liked to double up the final pass, I imagine the same software was used in the live tooling lathes.I did the handwriting code for multiple parts using an I.

I'm running cam cycles in a DS30SSY lathe. My G70 is running two passes. Is there a parameter to toggle this on/off? I've tried various D values, using the same Q & P lines as my G71/G72, and also giving it it's own P & Q lines. No luck there. Eliminating this extra pass would help my cycle time a lot.

Thanks in advance,

Can you post your code?

There is no need to use a canned cycle if you are only taking a pass or two.
Do you only know canned cycles?

Not a Haas expert but are you maybe using type 1 Roughing instead of type 2? With type 1 it will take a semi finish cut beforee taking it's actual G70. Are both G70's going to the exact same depth?

Are you putting the n lines twice when calling g70 p q it goes back to where you put the p and q lines under the g71. No need to rewrite the lines.

Back