What's new
What's new

Hardinge VMC700 X,Y,Z servo alarm and hopefully photo

Leadfootin

Cast Iron
New job and a real challenge! Hardinge VMC700 with Fanuc Series 18-M controller gives 401 errors X, Y, Z axis VRDY OFF when any motion is attempted. Spindle won't run, 1015 spindle orientation fault etc. Servo amps show not ready and spindle drive has relay cycling every couple moments.
Gets better, no lights on centre panel but traverse gives 401 errors and home button is ineffective.
A number have techs have had their hands in this auction bought machine over the last year and the only consensus is a comm error between the panel and drives.
Late this aft while scratching my head I decided to take a closer look in the back panel and observed the following. In the GE Fanuc PSU unit where all the cables attached was an empty slot marked PSU B1 with what looks to be a computer backplane connector at the bottom.
Is this a cpu for the machine controls and am I looking at a substantial job to get it up and running if I can find a board?

Attachments

• IMG_1947.jpg
    IMG_1947.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 87
Just a big open slot in the controller, will try to upload a better one. Try this.

Attachments

• IMG_1950.jpg
    IMG_1950.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 94
Your power supply PSU B1 is just missing a blanking plate to cover the hole. If your machine was configured with a PSU C then the slot is used and connected to the buss in the back.

What status LEDs and alarm LEDs are lit, if any, on the Main board and the PSU B1 board?

No LED's or status alarms are lit, there is no PSU B1 board present. My question is should there be a board there and if so how do I determine the correct one? Servo drives are operative and just sitting idle.

I will check machine configuration if in files, otherwise how can I check it? This machine has no communication between control panel and servos with techs telling us it was a wiring issue. However it seems larger than a broken wire issue so I am tracking down possibilities.

Back