What's new
What's new

Has anyone heard from Tonytn36 ?

Probably realized the Website is going to shit. Every other post is about which Machine to buy for tubes and which one to buy for squaring up a part. Or which Machine to buy to bend sheet metal. Or which one to buy to hold .000005" on a made up prototype. Or what's best-Blaser or Hocut. Or how to hold a 2x2x2 cube without a vise (because they're sooo expensive). Or........whatever.

R

Probably realized the Website is going to shit. Every other post is about which Machine to buy for tubes and which one to buy for squaring up a part. Or which Machine to buy to bend sheet metal. Or which one to buy to hold .000005" on a made up prototype. Or what's best-Blaser or Hocut. Or how to hold a 2x2x2 cube without a vise (because they're sooo expensive). Or........whatever.

R

Could be? Maybe he got bored giving what machine to purchase recommendations. :D I don't ever remember him actually asking a question.

My guess is he's just taking a break.

Brent

Could be? Maybe he got bored giving what machine to purchase recommendations. :D I don't ever remember him actually asking a question.

My guess is he's just taking a break.

Brent

Actually I remember him asking about finding a very accurate time estimating software. A very Tony question, cause 1 second on a billion parts is real money......

GOOD NEWS!
Tony's well but yes, buried in work.
He said he'd hopefully login over the weekend and give an update.
:cheers:

So yes, I'm alive and well. Sorry for not posting in a while. My health is good, probably better than it has been in some time. I quit smoking a year and a half ago and that has helped. It's been an interesting several months. We are moving some product south of the border and I have been tasked with that transfer from a technical side, while still trying to keep stuff running at home. This has entailed several trips south. Fortunately, the two new folks we hired have worked out very well so far and I've had some useful help on the home front. There have been some challenges as you can imagine. Fortunately the folks at our plant down there seem to respect my opinion and advice. This is ongoing for the next year and a half. I'll try to check in more often, but my work load is pretty high right now.

Unfortunately, on a not good note, one of my best friends at work, who is my lunch / joke / mischief partner had a stroke on Saturday June 29, he is only 41. It was a burst blood vessel in the front left lobe due to uncontrolled blood pressure weakening of the vessel. Fortunately, he was riding in a vehicle with family when it occurred and they were not very far from the hospital. That set of circumstances saved his life. The doctors said that only about 3% of people with that type of stroke survive because most don't make it to the hospital. However, the recovery rate of that type of stroke is near 100%. The other type with the blood clots has a very high survival rate - something more than 80%, but the recovery rate is very low.

He is in an ICU step-down rehabilitation unit about an hour from me. I've been going to help / visit him which has taken a large chunk of free time away. He's doing very well in his recovery, the last of his many tubes came out yesterday and he is eating solid food again. He's regained the function in his right leg over the last week enough to stand and take some steps with assistance. His right arm, which he could not move at all is starting to come back also. He was moving his fingers today and some occasional movement in the bicep and shoulder. Still isn't talking but the trach hole isn't healed all the way either. We did get a "no" and "yes" out of him today. But he knows who everyone is, still remembers almost everything, still has his personality and does very well expressing himself with facial expressions. He has some serious rehab challenges ahead, but I think he will make a full recovery (thankfully).

His stroke was caused by not keeping his blood pressure under control, "forgetting" his meds, etc. Fellas (and gals), keep that blood pressure under control. Take your meds as prescribed. Don't be like him and have to pay a heavy price for ignoring the Dr's advice.

Oh, on a second note, our MB-46VAE 5-axis Okuma is for sale. If you remember, I put this machine in and automated it in 2014. It ran 1 week a month, 9 months a year until Dec 2017. It has sat under power since then. I'll have to get the spindle hours again, but it's not many. This is a 20k RPM, CAT40, Renishaw probe, Tsudakoma 4/5 trunion with EROWA Pallet P clamp chuck, P200 control, Mayfran Concep chip conveyor, wash down option, Robot Interface Option, Spindle Oil Trap option, 1000 PSI through spindle coolant, SuperNurbs option, full 5-axis option machine. I've informed Morris South of it's availability for sale.

So yes, I'm alive and well. Sorry for not posting in a while. My health is good, probably better than it has been in some time. I quit smoking a year and a half ago and that has helped. It's been an interesting several months. We are moving some product south of the border and I have been tasked with that transfer from a technical side, while still trying to keep stuff running at home. This has entailed several trips south. Fortunately, the two new folks we hired have worked out very well so far and I've had some useful help on the home front. There have been some challenges as you can imagine. Fortunately the folks at our plant down there seem to respect my opinion and advice. This is ongoing for the next year and a half. I'll try to check in more often, but my work load is pretty high right now.

Unfortunately, on a not good note, one of my best friends at work, who is my lunch / joke / mischief partner had a stroke on Saturday June 29, he is only 41. It was a burst blood vessel in the front left lobe due to uncontrolled blood pressure weakening of the vessel. Fortunately, he was riding in a vehicle with family when it occurred and they were not very far from the hospital. That set of circumstances saved his life. The doctors said that only about 3% of people with that type of stroke survive because most don't make it to the hospital. However, the recovery rate of that type of stroke is near 100%. The other type with the blood clots has a very high survival rate - something more than 80%, but the recovery rate is very low.

He is in an ICU step-down rehabilitation unit about an hour from me. I've been going to help / visit him which has taken a large chunk of free time away. He's doing very well in his recovery, the last of his many tubes came out yesterday and he is eating solid food again. He's regained the function in his right leg over the last week enough to stand and take some steps with assistance. His right arm, which he could not move at all is starting to come back also. He was moving his fingers today and some occasional movement in the bicep and shoulder. Still isn't talking but the trach hole isn't healed all the way either. We did get a "no" and "yes" out of him today. But he knows who everyone is, still remembers almost everything, still has his personality and does very well expressing himself with facial expressions. He has some serious rehab challenges ahead, but I think he will make a full recovery (thankfully).

His stroke was caused by not keeping his blood pressure under control, "forgetting" his meds, etc. Fellas (and gals), keep that blood pressure under control. Take your meds as prescribed. Don't be like him and have to pay a heavy price for ignoring the Dr's advice.

Oh, on a second note, our MB-46VAE 5-axis Okuma is for sale. If you remember, I put this machine in and automated it in 2014. It ran 1 week a month, 9 months a year until Dec 2017. It has sat under power since then. I'll have to get the spindle hours again, but it's not many. This is a 20k RPM, CAT40, Renishaw probe, Tsudakoma 4/5 trunion with EROWA Pallet P clamp chuck, P200 control, Mayfran Concep chip conveyor, wash down option, Robot Interface Option, Spindle Oil Trap option, 1000 PSI through spindle coolant, SuperNurbs option, full 5-axis option machine. I've informed Morris South of it's availability for sale.

I seen a post from @Tonytn36 about his workplace training program and hot to advance but also how the new hires started on all the basic equipment and had to attend training before moving to an operator to a technician. I would LOVE to be able to talk to him if anyone has a way to communicate or contact him..

Hey @Tonytn36 I seen a previous post from you about your company's training program ! I would love to be able to talk to you more about CNC machining and training for the current workforce if you have the time.

Back