What's new
What's new

Head stuck bullard 42 cutmaster

Jerry Murphy

Plastic
I have a bullard 42 in cutmaster. The turret head is stuck will not move up or down. The problem is the side side gib is hung up in the head and I can not get out. I've tried to beat it out with a slide hammer but it is not comming out. Does any one have any ideas that might help me with this. I taught about trying to press the head out but not sure if that is right or with way to press it.

I have a bullard 42 in cutmaster. The turret head is stuck will not move up or down. The problem is the side side gib is hung up in the head and I can not get out. I've tried to beat it out with a slide hammer but it is not comming out. Does any one have any ideas that might help me with this. I taught about trying to press the head out but not sure if that is right or with way to press it.
Is the turret at a height it doesn't normally work at ..?? We had a 42" vtl that the repair guy tightened the backlash on due to high wear on the leadscrew at the normal work height....then an operator raised the turret under rapid until it jammed on the leadscrew....it was jammed !!! Had to use an abnormal mount of force on the feed wheel to get it unstuck.....
I don't want to see you damage parts that are obsolete but maybe a little extra force on the hand wheel will get it to a point where you can fix it correctly

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Back