What's new
What's new

Heidenhain-Camera monitoring if/else statement

Hi everyone,

I'm running a Hermle 5 axis with a Heidenhain TNC 640 controller and I'm trying to figure out if it is possible to use the camera system to run a program if it finds an error in the image monitoring rather than killing the program?

By default it wants to take a picture-compare it to its reference image-if its the same the program continues-if it's different it stops the program.

I want to run another program or jump to a previous point in the same program if the images don't match.

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I'm running a Hermle 5 axis with a Heidenhain TNC 640 controller and I'm trying to figure out if it is possible to use the camera system to run a program if it finds an error in the image monitoring rather than killing the program?

By default it wants to take a picture-compare it to its reference image-if its the same the program continues-if it's different it stops the program.

I want to run another program or jump to a previous point in the same program if the images don't match.

Thanks

I had no idea that was a feature.

Can you elaborate ?

And BTW what Hermle are you running with for this ?

Ta.

Eric.

Hi everyone,

Thanks

Are you using a camera like this ?

Camera System For Automatic Machine Setup Monitoring - HEIDENHAIN

I think from a safety point of view killing the program would be the only sensible option no ?

Not sure that all screw ups are predictable ?

Just spit-balling.

Back