What's new
What's new

Heidenhain iTNC 530 Start Up Troubleshooting

ANTONYCNC

Plastic
Dear Sirs

I am new using the Heidenhain iTNC 530 and not familiar with the control, after power up, after pressing the CE key, open and close the door
the system continues to present a message "switch on external dc voltage" that does not disappear. does anyone know what is happening?

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 48
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 43
Sounds right so far,
Mains power on
Let it go through the load/start routine
E stop off
Mash CE a couple times
Press white button, with vertical dash
Machine will then want to home
Set feed pot at 12 O clk
Press Lg square green button
At this point should display moving to TPA
-Once Homed you should be able to Hand wheel, and your off to work.
This is the routine works for our itnc 530.
Sometimes things such as low air, chiller issues or low way lube can hang it up. All in all the menu will guide you through.
You can try my routine, if you get stuck at any point let me know, I have some other work arounds.
Honestly on occasion it just throughs a 7 and you have to power down all the way and start over.
I am by no means an expert on this controller, but what I outlined works for me. It would a lot easier if my German was better, but it is not.
Cheers

Dear Sirs

I am new using the Heidenhain iTNC 530 and not familiar with the control, after power up, after pressing the CE key, open and close the door
the system continues to present a message "switch on external dc voltage" that does not disappear. does anyone know what is happening?

The MTB, Mikron, does things a bit weird on the older machines.

Push the little button on the lower right that has the "Power ON/OFF" symbol. See attached picture where I put an arrow. This will energize the DC voltage.

pic1.jpg

The big white, round and illuminated button above the e-stop is for unlocking/locking the door. If it's lite the door is locked.

Theirs no homing procedure so no need to hit any green buttons but every machine tool builder does it different...some just do it better.

Back