What's new
What's new

Heidenhain iTNC530 Spindle Warm Up Program

captainkruger

Plastic
Hi All,

Firstly I would like to thank everyone on this forum for all their help over the years. This site is an invaluable resource for our shop (and many others) and has helped us with numerous problems and improvements.

I have had a look through the forum search results and I couldn't see anything on the forums already, but I am wondering if someone would be kind enough to share a CNC program for a spindle warm up cycle for our Bridgeport VMC with Heidenhain iTNC530 controller. We use CAD/CAM software to program this machine so (shamefully) have literally no knowledge of how to manually write the Heidenhain code. We did spend several hours trying to get this to work unsuccessfully, and without spending several days learning the code and proper program formats I don't think we will have much luck.

This is for a new (old) VMC500 machine we have recently purchased which is very similar to other machines we already have. The other machines all have automated Spindle Warmup cycles that prompt the user once the machine is cold, but for some reason this machine doesn't have that feature and we'd still like to warm the spindle up before use.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Here's the one from one of our machines, you may want to edit the tool number and max rpm:

0 BEGIN PGM WARM_UP_HSM-500 INCH
1 CYCL DEF 247 DATUM SETTING ~
Q339=+100 ;DATUM NUMBER
2 Q1 = 1000
3 TOOL CALL 35 Z SQ1
4 L X+0 Y+0 Z+2 F1250 M3
5 LBL 1
6 TOOL CALL 35 Z SQ1
7 L IX-9 IY-7 IZ+2
8 L IX+9 IY+7 IZ-2
9 L IX+9 IY+7 IZ+2
10 L IX-9 IY-7 IZ-2
11 L IX-9 IY-7 IZ+2
12 L IX+9 IY+7 IZ-2
13 L IX+9 IY+7 IZ+2
14 L IX-9 IY-7 IZ-2
15 Q1 = Q1 + 1000
16 FN 12: IF +Q1 LT +40000 GOTO LBL 1
17 M5
18 END PGM WARM_UP_HSM-500 INCH

What this thread has taught me. There are 2 people that have machines with
Heidenhain iTNC530 controllers here. And they are both outside the USA

That is a higher percentage (0) than I would have thought
:)

Since you're in Florida, Blue Origin has HH on Mikron

I have been running Heidenhain controls in the US since, well, before you were potty trained I am guessing.

The reason you do not hear about them is that they are so trouble free no one is on here asking questions about how to fix them

I have been running Heidenhain controls in the US since, well, before you were potty trained I am guessing.

The reason you do not hear about them is that they are so trouble free no one is on here asking questions about how to fix them

That would make you really really old.
Trouble free..let me sit here and laugh/cry at that one for a spell.
I too have a bunch of seat time with Miron :ack2:

Here's the one from one of our machines, you may want to edit the tool number and max rpm:

0 BEGIN PGM WARM_UP_HSM-500 INCH
1 CYCL DEF 247 DATUM SETTING ~
Q339=+100 ;DATUM NUMBER
2 Q1 = 1000
3 TOOL CALL 35 Z SQ1
4 L X+0 Y+0 Z+2 F1250 M3
5 LBL 1
6 TOOL CALL 35 Z SQ1
7 L IX-9 IY-7 IZ+2
8 L IX+9 IY+7 IZ-2
9 L IX+9 IY+7 IZ+2
10 L IX-9 IY-7 IZ-2
11 L IX-9 IY-7 IZ+2
12 L IX+9 IY+7 IZ-2
13 L IX+9 IY+7 IZ+2
14 L IX-9 IY-7 IZ-2
15 Q1 = Q1 + 1000
16 FN 12: IF +Q1 LT +40000 GOTO LBL 1
17 M5
18 END PGM WARM_UP_HSM-500 INCH

Many thanks for your help on this. We'll give it a try in the next few days.

Ever since I learned HH I never want to run anything else. They are beautiful controls.

Have itnc530 on our large Giddings and Lewis floor mill (HMC) along with an OTT JAcobs spindle (60HP). Also have oil circulation with a chiller/ That being said when I start it up we run at low rpm for 5-10 mi at lowest RPM. Just get everything oiled and help circulation. Will help extend spindle life? Dunno but sure cannot hurt.

Back