What's new
What's new

Heidenhain Preset table turned off

MarcoP

Plastic
Hi

I recently started a new job, and the CNC mill that I'm mostly gonna operate, is the same as one of the CNC mills from my old job, a Mikron VCP 600 with Heidenhain iTNC 530 controller. There are small differences though, I'll happily adjust, but the guy operating the machine before me, retired several months before I started. One diffrence is, this Mikron at my new job, has a Erowa robot installed, and the one at my old job had a System 3R robot. I figured out the robot system, and some of my coworkers can help a little bit, but only with the JMS system. I read the manual and the robot is not a problem, but may be later on.

The preset table is turned off on the Mikron at my new job. If I press "MOD" it will state that the preset table is turned off. I want to turn this back on, and the reason I want that, is that I cant use basic rotation as its set up now, as far as I know. I can not activate a preset, and when I probe a part and then call that preset, my coordinates jumps several 100's of millimeters.

I hope this is enough info, else I will gladly elaborate. I made a more in depth post yesterday, but I'm new here and I think I did something wrong :p

Thanks in advance

Most of the actions required for the preset table and tool table need to be addressed after a control restart but BEFORE acknowledging power reset with the CE key. I'm not familiar with your exact issue but you can create new preset tables in the TNC in the way I just described.

Back