What's new
What's new

Heidenhain TNC 155 Program Pause

nordlichtFanuc

Plastic
Hi all

I have a simple question, but cannost seem to find the answer in the manual and I really dont know this Heidenhain Conversational stuff very good.

In automatic programm execution mode, is there a way, that I can just stop the programm execution it this point, without disabling the spindle and resetting the programm counter to start?

Our Fehlmann Picomax 51 has this control.
All I want is the machine to move to a target position, turn on the spindle.. Then the operator needs to drill a hole with the manual quill, then press start again, which lets the programm run to the next position...

Infact, I just need an M01 command equivalent on this control, but cant seem to find it, as the list in the manual only list M00 and M02, both of which turn off the spindle..

In single step mode, the operator does need to press to start button multiple times at the beginning of the programm, untill the positioning can start, due to Tool length definition lines at the beginning of the programm. This is annoying and takes a lot of time..

So Im looking for a way, to use the automatic mode, but just pause after the positioning moves.

Hope I explained clearly what our goal is :)

Thanks for any hint!

enter a "STOP" command, followed by "NO ENT", it will do exactly what you want,

also works if you need to swap a drill or tool, use STOP M05, then STOP M03 to start spindle back without any other actions, you can also use this to change spindle modes from drilling to tapping and so on, just use the appropriate Mxx with each STOP

here is an example of how I use it with my P51 (manual quill) and customized F360 post:
stop example.JPG

edit: there may be an M code to start the manual quill, like if the operator pushed the button on the quill handle, but unfortunately I don't have the P51 operators manual with all the machine specific M codes
with this a program example above might be set up to run completely automatically, almost like if there was a CNC controlled Z axis

Hi jz

Thanks alot!

Exactly what I need! Great.

An M code to start the manuall quill would be extremely nice!
I just contacted Fehlmann and asked for the Fehlmann specific codes. Hope they can provide them..

I'll keep you updated.

No expert on this control but can you not program the moves then instead of full sequence just press single block dont have spindle on programmed turn it on manually wind down drill hole press single block and move to the next hole-Must be missing something it cant be or you would be doing it

as BugRobotics said, it is for graphics display mode, I'm not sure if all of the versions have it, there are A/B/P/Q, but my Picomax 51 with the 155P control has it

I don't use it, it is just a remnant from the generic tnc155 post I found

Hi

I received the full programming manual from Fehlmann.

M52 is the command to engage the automatic quill feed.

Let me know, if you need more info.

Greetings

Back