What's new
What's new

Heidenhain TNC 430 learning DATUM Setting for Mikron UCP 710 5 ax mill

the spin doctor

Cast Iron
Very frustrated trying to understand how to set fixture offsets on this machine! The control is not behaving as I would expect from the descriptions in the manual. Using ISO G code. I assume that G247
Q339=3 should pull the X Y & Z offsets from line 3 of the active DATUM table. I thought G247 interprets coordinates referenced to the machine datum. However, it is not working. When I run a simple program, it comes up with coordinates beyond the machine limits. How to turn off any prior active Datum so it references Machine Datum. Maybe start all programs with M142 to remove coordinate transformations that are modal? I thought coordinate transformations were turned off by M30 or starting a program? Not on this machine... There might be a user parameter to remember the last datum after a program run. Not making sense to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soemtimes if you don't know what issue you are fighting it is easier to open a new program then go back to the one you are working in. I know how to deal with it conversational but not G Code

Also is it telling you that you are going to go off the limits or are you looking at it and seeing it?
I ask because there are also user defineable limits that can get set and forgotten. Visible with code 123 IIRC or mod key

In conversational the control will datum shift from the current zero location not machine datum.

It tries to run but soft limits are exceeded because it seems to be in incremental mode all the time and the position is remembered when the next program is run. X should be at 17 “ at part X=0 but dro indicates +43”. Only turning off the machibe clears it but the cycle 7 transformation in conversational has the same problem. Thanks!

you can also write a program in mdi which returns datum shifts to zero and rotations to zero

Like on my 530 I have the m functions written in mdi order to turn on the chip conveyor and flushing and then off again

It is odd that it remembers it in the next program,I have not seen that. It is good practice to put all the offsets to zero at the end of a program, and depending on how you are running at the beginning

All my oprograms are run shifted, so the beginning of a program might look like:
CYCLE DEFINE MIRROR IMAGE
[No axis listed]
CYCLE DEFINE COORDINATE ROTATION
[no axis listed]

CYCLE DEF DATUM SHIFT
X0
Y0
Z0

CYCLE DEF DATUM SHIFT
X6.99
Y-5.687
Z4.89

CYCLE DEF MIRROR IMAGE
X

I don't use mirror much, but I do use rotation

I just need to figure out how to get the datums under my belt. I will try a progrsm to turn on and off with all shifts and see what is going on-thanks!

There is a parameter you need to change for the datum table to register machine(REF) coords, by default the datum table references the current datum position ABS coords.

MP7475 Reference in datum table
Input: 0 = Reference is the workpiece datum
1 = Reference is the machine datum (MP960.x)

Also, I'm pretty sure cycle 247 will cancel any active datum shifts(cycle7) coord rotations(cycle 10) etc. but wont cancel the basic rotations.

I can get G54 to reset the datum and set new fixture offsets, but anytime I try to reference the Datum table it comes up with spurious numbers like it is reading another table. As far as I can tell, there is only one. Now at least I can use the machine and just forget about the table.

Still stuck. It seems to have parameters hidden from me that are controlling the offsets. Datum 0 is near the defunce laser. It knows where to go to tool change. I cant see how to get it to table center. Is there a way to see all the parameters? The user parameters are not helpful. Thanks

Very confused about this control still. Using M218 after setting xyz all at zero on table center up about 8” from table surface. No matter where the tool tip is in Z and no matter what is in the datum table or tool table for Z the Z hits lower Z limit before A reaches eitger + or - 90 degrees. The tool tip should maintain its relationship to table center but always is about 6” too low.

All figured out. Parameters were all wrong for kinematics but now with some help from a GF engineer, 5 axis machining working great! I think the prior owner gave up and sold the machine, thinking it was no good - my gain!

Back