What's new
What's new

Heidenhain TNCRemo TNCcmd remote machine control

jeuhrn

Plastic
This might be a longshot, but does anyone have a comprehensive list of key codes that can be transmitted over TNCcmd?

Background: we have a DMG 1035V mill with a Heidenhain iTNC530 Controller. Recently we've started looking into running lights out just to get some extra work done and not sit around half the work day waiting for the machine. We have a camera set up in the machine, and we've started playing around with the TNCcmd part of TNCremo.

Just by pure accident, I figured out the machine can be started (NC START) by sending the command "key 0xFF0". I've since discovered several other undocumented hex codes that do various things, but I am still looking for NC STOP and coolant buttons.

I suspect a lot of these features might (or might not be) part of TNCremoplus, and while we can afford to just buyCitrix so we can access it from home and the virtual Citrix computer does not support USB license dongles.

If anybody thinks this is an interesting topic and would like to discuss TNCcmd I'm up for that as well.

Hi,

We use Heidenhain TeleService. Basically it opens up an X11 Terminal window and you have an exact copy of the screen. You can do anything that you can at the control from your computer. It's on there website PC software and manuals but you need to get a dongle from Heidenhain for it to work. At the time I think we paid about $2,000 but It's awesome and has paid off greatly over the years.

Hi,

We use Heidenhain TeleService. Basically it opens up an X11 Terminal window and you have an exact copy of the screen. You can do anything that you can at the control from your computer. It's on there website PC software and manuals but you need to get a dongle from Heidenhain for it to work. At the time I think we paid about $2,000 but It's awesome and has paid off greatly over the years.

Thank you for this information, I was not aware this TeleService option exists. Unforunately we can not use any software that requires a USB dongle.

I've discovered the undocumented command "exec" in TNCcmd. It asks for a .h NC program, but then returns "Error E20001717: Access privilege not granted".

There's also a command "_DNC" where you can send NC commands to start and stop programs, even supplying the program name for it to load before executing. I had this working a couple of times yesterday, but today TNCcmd just exits with no error when I try.

Perhaps this is interesting information for anyone else glancing at this thread.

This might be a longshot, but does anyone have a comprehensive list of key codes that can be transmitted over TNCcmd?

Background: we have a DMG 1035V mill with a Heidenhain iTNC530 Controller. Recently we've started looking into running lights out just to get some extra work done and not sit around half the work day waiting for the machine. We have a camera set up in the machine, and we've started playing around with the TNCcmd part of TNCremo.

Just by pure accident, I figured out the machine can be started (NC START) by sending the command "key 0xFF0". I've since discovered several other undocumented hex codes that do various things, but I am still looking for NC STOP and coolant buttons.

I suspect a lot of these features might (or might not be) part of TNCremoplus, and while we can afford to just buyCitrix so we can access it from home and the virtual Citrix computer does not support USB license dongles.

If anybody thinks this is an interesting topic and would like to discuss TNCcmd I'm up for that as well.

-Press the buttons that you want to get the Hex Values for.
-Press the “Program Management” button then the MOD Button.
-Type in LOGBOOK
-After it processes, scroll the the most recent items and the Hex values will be displayed as keystroke events.

Hi, I am trying to extract actual cutting time of each NC file from Heidenhain controller. May I know have you discover tnccmd command to get name of NC file that is executing by machine? or any other undocumented tnccmd command that that can be used to acquire this information.

Thank you.

Back