What's new
What's new

Heidenhain toolsetter

civicske2

Aluminum
Hy folks.
Earlyer i did a little testing with toolsetter on a brother (with iso) and made 2macros for measuring tools. now we ordered 8setters witch we will implement next weeks and start working with. the simple setter where i did the tests with will come off the brother and will be replaced with one with air blow.
next i would like to do some tests on our heidenhain. we got one tnc 360 witch i doubt to have a skipsignal and one newer control (dont know wich just) and pretty shore this machine do has the skip signal. the electrical side of the story i leave to our electric man but i want to take care of the programming side.

here i would like ur help as i am a total newbe on heidenhain and i wouldn t know where and how to start. has the controle something like the uservariables and macros on the brother and fanuc machines?
please your help on this.

Heidenhains all the way back to at least the 151 have the proper signals to operate a tool setting and a work measuring probe, and the routines are built into the control (no need for licenses, extortion payments, writing your own macros, etc).

You need to start with the operators manual, to hook up the probe you may also need the installation manuals. They are all available - for free download - on HEIDENHAIN - CNC-Steuerungen, Drehgeber, Winkelmessgerate, Langenmessgerate. You can do something rudimentary like the skip signal on the Fanuc, or use the much more comprehensive interface to probes provided on every Heidenhain. Probing cycles for datums, circles, studs, pockets, tools, angles, etc. are all built in.

hy thans for the help, i found al the docu on the 410 but nothing on the 360.
i have an old pdf from 360 control but there is noting about tool measurement in there. touch probing for part measure i do find inthere. bot not for measuring tools.
gr

Wow, looks like they took the documentation for some of the really old controls off of the HH website.

I have the technical service manual for the 360 and the operators manual for the 370 (which is similar I think) in pdf format, send me a PM with your email address and I will try to forward it. The operators manual is very large (36 MB) so it may not be emailable.

Back