What's new
What's new

Heidenhein itnc530 questions

doug8cat

Titanium
Long story short, I was put on a HMC with a itnc control. Being conversational I thought well this cannot be too bad.
The problem is that I am not familiar wih the knobology & knowone else is either. I know what I want to do but cannot get their in a timly fashion. It is running a LARGE Giddlings and Lewis floor mill 4 Axis.
All documentation that I have foung is in German. Does anyone know of a programming manual that is in English?

Thanks

There are english manuals on the web.

https://content.heidenhain.de/doku/...242135142456/1242135142480/1242135142480.html

https://content.heidenhain.de/doku/...242135142480/1316049863371/1316049863371.html

There can be at least 4 different manuals for the controller alone (aside from manual for the machine itself):

What they call "conversational" is the ".h" language - which is a nicer surface syntax on G code ("G0 X50" becomes "L X50 FMAX")

The dialog conversational (like hurco or vps) is called Pilot.

There's also a manual for "iso" meaning G-code.

And finally a separate manual for "cycles" - of which the machine has many.

on Control hellp

^^yeah, what Bryan said.
If you are editing a cycle, hitting the 'help' hardkey will bring up the manual for that function, so context sensitive. Also if you want more info on softkeys, you can drag the tiny question mark on the bottom right of the control over to the softkey and get some into that way too.
It must be the best control out there.

Constructive replies, there seems to be a high post element on this site with attitude control problems. While I know nothing about the OP's original post, it's nice to see good replies.

One weirdness to know about - at least on my machine - if you are entering a .h program at the control, it will insist that you enter commands using special buttons which are labelled L, CC, tool call, and so forth. This works fine. It won't let you just type L or CC on the qwerty keyboard.

BUT - there's an exception - there is no "special" button for M, for ; (comment), and I think for P (parameter.) So you just type those on the qwerty keyboard - this weirdness caused a kind of hangup and some very odd phone calls when I was training on my machine (with a trainer who didn't know all that much - nice guy though.)

Another thing to grok is that if DMC is on (collision prevention) then you must never enter a tool description that isn't close to right. If you enter 0 for a radius, or some daft length, the machine will have a holy hissy fit which can be a pain to recover from.

On the other hand, at least in the H language, you issue "TOOL CALL .. " and that will load all the offsets (length, radius, secondary radius, etc. wear levels, etc) and let you add more wear adjustment on the spot.

EDIT: the collision avoidance might be called DCM rather than DMC.

Last edited:

Back