Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Minnesota
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Helical Machining Advisor Pro

Helical just sent out a notification that their Machining Advisor Pro is online. Looks like a really useful tool that combines their Tool Selector with their Milling Advisor. Unfortunately I had to send this in reply:

I’m excited to start using your new Machining Advisor. Unfortunately your terms preclude me, and probably most of your customers, from using it:

2. License Restrictions. Licensee shall not:

(g) use the Software in, or in association with, the design, construction, maintenance, or operation of any hazardous environments or systems, including, without limitation, any:

· power generation systems;

· aircraft navigation or communication systems, air traffic control systems, or any other transport management systems;

· safety-critical applications, including medical or life-support systems, vehicle operation applications, or any police, fire, or other safety response systems; or

· military or aerospace applications, weapons systems, or environments.

Since I machine medical components, these terms preclude me from using your software, as they preclude anyone who machines parts for the above listed industries. Please let me know when these terms have been updated to something more reasonable and I will happily return.

Thanks,

-Matt Hajicek

Conventus Orthopaedics

2. Likes gkoenig liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Massachusetts
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Matt,

We recently updated and revised the terms and conditions based on your feedback.

That section now states:

"(g) The software is not specifically written, designed, manufactured or intended for use in or in association with, the design, construction, maintenance, or operation of any hazardous environments or systems, including, without limitation, any:

power generation systems;
    aircraft navigation or communication systems, air traffic control systems, or any other transport management systems;
    safety-critical applications, including medical or life-support systems, vehicle operation applications, or any police, fire, or other safety response systems; or
    military or aerospace applications, weapons systems, or environments.

Any choice by the Licensee to use of the product in such applications should be made based upon the Licensee’s specific knowledge and the Licensee accepts all risks knowing the product was not intended to be designed, manufactured or intended to be used in these hazardous environment and systems."

Hopefully that resolves the issue.

4. Likes DavidScott, mhajicek, mountie, doug925 liked this post