What's new
What's new

Hello is anyone online who might

Status
Not open for further replies.

texy

Plastic
Hello is anyone online who might be able to help me with a problem i got on a lathe today

It’s a slant turn Bridgeport cnc lathe 21TB the turret indexed into the chuck now the turret is out of position alarm message is up and it won’t reset or move in any axis. Is there away to reset or override the limit switch?

Without being there and seeing the exact extent of your problem, I'll offer some basics.

Some alarms you just need to shut the control off and turn it back on. Right at the control will do it, but I think you have bigger fish to fry.

If it were me... I would shut down the machine, start removing sheet metal, and un-mount the turret from the chuck manually. I say that because I'm not sure what the turret will try to do the moment it gets power again after a restart. Being as such, I'd first try to relieve the pressure of the turret against the chuck. Some relaxation might happen when you power down. All depends on how the turret drive is configured. Then start moving the X or Z axis by hand. (whichever seems the most opportunistic) You may have to start opening up the turret too. I couldn't say because I'm not there looking at the mess you're in.

I have a feeling you're going to be awhile and get your hands dirty. That's just to get things away from being joined at the hip. After that is a whole other realignment story which I'm not skilled enough to help with.

Dave

It’s a slant turn Bridgeport cnc lathe 21TB the turret indexed into the chuck now the turret is out of position alarm message is up and it won’t reset or move in any axis. Is there away to reset or override the limit switch?

shut power off, back off z axis to clear the turret from chuck via turning the Z axis ball screw by hand.

when clear turn power on.
change tools either with MDI or in jog. you may have to take home 1st

see what happens shouldnt get alarms after that.

then when your up and running, check to maye sure your centerline is still on, if its not readjust turret

You forgot sprinkle fairy dust and unicorn piss

You two got a thermite quality laugh out of me on that one. There's some good advice on here, some good professional responses to questions, but the humor at times is second to none.
There was three or four times I was either eating or drinking when reading one of thermites' posts and had to spit it into my sleeve to avoid computer wreckage. But I'm wiser now.

With you two clowns, I walked away to another room and was still laughing. Thank you for that!

I meant also digger doug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back