Votes: 9 17.6%
  • Yeah, this way more people will read a post

Votes: 24 47.1%
  • Maybe some sub forums should go

Votes: 18 35.3%

• Total voters

Xjenderfloip

Stainless
I think that the main CNC forum gets more interesting again if the cnc subforums that dont have much traffic anyway will just be in the main cnc forum again.

What do you think?

Lets vote

I would like to see a combined sub forum dedicated to:

Hurco, Wells Index , & Tree CNC mills.< possibly a few others.

It could be similar to the one with Deckel, Maho, Aciera,& Abene Mills, or one of the other sub-forums with a few machines in it.

JAckal:cheers:

Actually - if the "brand" boards were routed as "child boards" of the main - then you could brouse "all CNC" when looking at the new day, but when you would start a new thread - you would have to post it in the Okuma, Haas, or Yamazaki board.

This way you could brouse just the one board - especially if you were searching for something. Example - an issue with an SL-30 lathe. Doo you know how many manufactures use the SL-30 model name? :willy_nilly:

A snowmachine site that I occassionally drop in at is set up that way - and seems to werk really well. I believe this is the same software.

As far as having them completely seperate like they are now - no - I don't like all the divission.

----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I would like to see all the CNC stuff in one spot..

Where else can you ask a question, that might have an answer from someone who was only looking in some other specific forum?

I don't want to have to scroll through 20 forums for something of interest.
There is another site who cannot be mentioned here. They have about 100 forums. There ~might~ be something interesting in there somewhere, but there is not enough time to go poking into 100 forums trying to find it.

Add in the time it takes the adds to load for some people, and many forums becomes a bad idea.

When you get to many forums, you become like "ZNC Cone". I hate that forum. It takes forever to find anything.

I think their should be a dedicated forum section called "How do I make this?". People could ask how to make whatever. There are a lot of people on here that are more than happy to tell someone how to make something. Maybe a dedicated forum section would encourage more people to ask? Im suprised more people don't ask how to make stuff.

Actually - if the "brand" boards were routed as "child boards" of the main - then you could brouse "all CNC" when looking at the new day, but when you would start a new thread - you would have to post it in the Okuma, Haas, or Yamazaki board.

This way you could brouse just the one board - especially if you were searching for something. Example - an issue with an SL-30 lathe. Doo you know how many manufactures use the SL-30 model name? :willy_nilly:

A snowmachine site that I occassionally drop in at is set up that way - and seems to werk really well. I believe this is the same software.

As far as having them completely seperate like they are now - no - I don't like all the divission.

----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I like this idea.

I use the "Today's posts" link so I see everything, the divisions do affect me except for searching, it would be nice to have them organized better for that purpose.

I'm here to learn more about machining and metal working fluids.

It would be helpful to have a sub-catagory devoted to coolants and lubricants.

I've learned some valuable information in a very short period, but it takes a lot of searching.

Thanks for the access.

Back