What's new
What's new

HELP! Broke my last Probe Tip!

wesrice

Plastic
I'm wondering if anyone can help me out in an emergency situation. I was working really late last night and crashed my probe tip right into the chuck with a G58 instead of G68.

I need it to make an order that's due ASAP(5th axis angle measurements, coordinate rotation - nothing I could easily do with my Haimer). Renishaw is closed for their move right now, so that's not an option :cryin:. I've looked at a bunch of places online, and the soonest anyone can have it here is Monday. I was wondering if anyone might have a spare one they could overnight me today so I can continue making parts tomorrow. I'm looking for the 5000-3709 Renishaw tip (M4, 50mm Length, Ceramic Shaft, .236 Ruby Ball).

PM me if you can help me out - I would really appreciate it! And yes, I've learned my lesson not to be cheap and just buy spare tips for situations like this. :D

Thanks,

Wes

I keep one superglued back together (it broke in the tool changer in the horizontal, no idea) just fo emergencies. It's good for one or two uses at slow speed before the glue gives out.

Do a saved search for that part number and several others, longer shorter whatever. Ebay will email you when one is posted and I have picked up several new ones at a discount. Lock them up in your desk till next time and there will be a next time:eek:

For future times, check Amazon. I've bought some super odd ball industrial stuff and got it next day.

Truth. I've also taken to eBay for things just like this. In fact, I recently purchase three probe styli and one tool setter stylus from evilbay. Had both in 48 hours as they were both one state away and used USPS flat rate so they got here very quickly. Amazon has pretty darn good options for speedy delivery if one is a Prime member, too.

Back