What's new
What's new

Help with Hurco VM1 and rs232

jraksdhs

Aluminum
I recently got a 2004 Hurco Vm1 with a Ultimax control and Im trying to connect it to a win10 pc running DNC4u via rs232. I bought the adapter, but I cant seem to get the two items talking to each other. There arent alot of settings on the control, and ive tried countless ones in DNC4u with no luck. Any help would be apprecaited. Thanks

Jason

I recently got a 2004 Hurco Vm1 with a Ultimax control and Im trying to connect it to a win10 pc running DNC4u via rs232. I bought the adapter, but I cant seem to get the two items talking to each other. There arent alot of settings on the control, and ive tried countless ones in DNC4u with no luck. Any help would be apprecaited. Thanks

Jason

Hello Jason,
I take it that by adapter, you're referring to a USB to Serial Adapter. That being the case, the majority of issues when communicating via RS232 is caused by the adapter; very few brands actually work with a 64 bit operating system. You would be better off having a real Serial Port installed in your external device.

That aside, what is the cable configuration pin-out you're using and what Handshake method are you using? The cable pin-out diagrams I've seen for a Ultimax control is atypical for Xon Xoff Handshaking; accordingly, if you're using a typical Loop-back Null Modem configuration, that may be your problem.

Regards,

Bill

I just bought a 2004 VM1 and the primary coolant will not turn on. The secondary works just fine. Is there a seolinod in the back I can look at. The mill didnt come with a schematics book.

Back