What's new
What's new

Help Mori seiki e50????

Rohrsbeth

Plastic
My shop has a Mori seiki cl-200 with a msc803 controller. My problem started with a bad battery. I changed to battery with the power on but lost some parameters anyway. I restorerd the parameters from a back up copy for this machine. I ran a program and my spindle brake wouldn't work so I posted here and got some ideas and found I had a parameter for g96 set wrong. I fixed the parameter and I thought the machine was fixed. It ran a pully program for 2 days. Today I changed the setup to a new part and loaded the new program and went to make some changes and it won't let me. I can't change, delete, or write a new program on the machine. It gives me an E50 error when I try to delete it. When I try to edit it it flashes program running down in the corner. Any suggestions would be great! Everyone here has helped me learn so much about cncs I am very thankful for everyone's help! Thanks in advance!

Beth

E50 should have some other codes following the E50. Something like IOP ERROR followed by a number. Post those up if you have them.

The only time I have had E50 was when there was a problem with the RS232 set up. If the lost parameters you had to reload included the I/O device parameters (parameter 9001 and up) then there may be some of those that were different than what you had backed up.

Back