What's new
What's new

HELP needed with Fanuc

Fred T

Cast Iron
Gents;
I just completed an overhaul on a Johnford SV-35. New turcite, new bearings...etc. the control Han had no power to it for 3 months or so. At any rate when I powered up the machine it comes on but will not enable. I get a flash of light across the control panel but the machine won't stay on. I also get a red light on what I think is the power supply. The light indicates CP4. It is directly below the battery. Any thoughts or help would bring appreciated.

Thanks
Fred T

Sorry to here of your troubles Fred. I'll leave the answers to the experts. In the meantime, you could help the experts by telling them the year and version of Fanuc control your machine has. It can only help.

Should be a label on the power supply that will tell you the model number as well. That's the one you need in order to diagnose PSU issues.

You need to check the fuses at the bottom of the module labeled F3 and F4. If F3 or F4 are blown then disconnect CP2, CP3, CP5, and CP6 from the module, replace the fuse, and power up. If you still have the alarm then the trouble would be with the module. If it powers up OK then the trouble is with probably something connected to CP2, CP3, CP5,or CP6. You can try plugging those one at a time until the alarm occurs. That will narrow down what to look at next.

It sounds like the red light is on the input unit. I just had this issue happen on my 15m. Is the red led actually on the power supply or on the input unit that feeds the PSU?

It sounds like the red light is on the input unit. I just had this issue happen on my 15m. Is the red led actually on the power supply or on the input unit that feeds the PSU?

16 series does not use an input unit like the older controls. AC power goes straight to the power supply module.

Van:
So the model of the power supply is: A16B-1212-0901/19C812550.
Thank you for your help

OK so today was geared toward getting everything back together. And we got it done. So....the fuses are good, on Tuesday hopefully I will be able to un-plug the cables and try one at a time. It seems that those fuses have a little window in them. When they blow does that window close or turn a different color?

Thanks
Fred

Van,
Is this also valid for an 18M control. I notice I had a typo, my control is an 18M
thanks,
Sorry for the confusion
Fred T

Ok So there are several things wrong but the GE Fanuc tec was able to get tings up and running. What I dont have is a copy of the PMC parameters. Any one have a copy they are willing to share.
Thank you.

CNC Farming,
Yes it is an SV-32 it sounds like we have identical machines, and yes I would love to have a copy or your parameters If for nothing more than comparison. The GE Fanuc tech did his best but there are still a couple things that are not working correctly. The most annoying is the tool number display. it seem that the LED display on the lower right of the control panel can only count to 10. If I call tool 12 it puts the correct tool in the spindle but the display says 10.. the other issue is the fast jog feed rate. it is was slower than is should be, and finally the lube pump. not sure what it should be set to but it is NOT like is was.... I hope this is not the new normal....
Thank you for your time
Fred T

...... The most annoying is the tool number display. it seem that the LED display on the lower right of the control panel can only count to 10. If I call tool 12 it puts the correct tool in the spindle but the display says 10..

Incorrect PMC parameter. If you get PMC parameters from an identical machine it should take care of that.

the other issue is the fast jog feed rate. it is was slower than is should be,....

Not really sure what you mean by fast jog. Is that rapid traverse? Anyway, CNC parameters 1420 to 1462 deal with axis speed control. Once we know more exactly what you are talking about should be able to point you to the correct parameter.

and finally the lube pump. not sure what it should be set to but it is NOT like is was....

Probably an incorrect PMC parameter. If you get PMC parameters from an identical machine it likely will take care of that.

Van,
WE are on the same page of the parameter manual! That is why I would like a copy of CNC Farming's parameters.

Thanks for looking in on me.
Fred T

I have pictures of them saved i can send you. Where are you located?

Vancbiker, Is there a way to export the parameters throught the rs232??

Back