What's new
What's new

Help needed with Makino PS95 and tool setter.

Gopherit

Plastic
New member here. I'm normally doing design work or programming and running the CMM at our shop. We recently acquired a used PS95 with Professional P control (basically 0i from what I can tell) and the task was given to me to get it going. I've been visiting the forums for awhile getting information but now came across a problem I can't figure out. It already had a Renishaw OMI-2t and macros loaded in it but no probe or tool setter. We purchased a used OMP 40 probe and OTS tool setter. I set up the probe and it works great with no issues. The OTS however I can't get going. When I change its setting to probe 1, it fires right up. The problem is that I can't get the OMI to start up in probe 2 mode. I talked to PQI and they gave me the M code they normally use (M378) but I get nothing except a ex1128 alarm that says "M code can not be used". Is there another way to track down what's going on and get this working?

New member here. I'm normally doing design work or programming and running the CMM at our shop. We recently acquired a used PS95 with Professional P control (basically 0i from what I can tell) and the task was given to me to get it going. I've been visiting the forums for awhile getting information but now came across a problem I can't figure out. It already had a Renishaw OMI-2t and macros loaded in it but no probe or tool setter. We purchased a used OMP 40 probe and OTS tool setter. I set up the probe and it works great with no issues. The OTS however I can't get going. When I change its setting to probe 1, it fires right up. The problem is that I can't get the OMI to start up in probe 2 mode. I talked to PQI and they gave me the M code they normally use (M378) but I get nothing except a ex1128 alarm that says "M code can not be used". Is there another way to track down what's going on and get this working?

The EX alarm is generated by the Makino PMC side of the control. I've not worked on a Pro P control, but I think that an option setting on the Makino PMC software is not turned on.

Thanks Vancbiker. Is that something terribly hard to track down, or generally better left to get a tech in and resolve?

Back